My college age daughter bought a laptop from Wal-mart this afternoon. When she arrived home she opened the box, and found that her "new" computer was a used and damaged display model that was not only severely scratched but was missing keys on the keyboard. Additionally, when we turned it on, it requested a password for access that neither one of us has any knowledge of, preventing her from using it even if the keys could be fixed and the cosmetic damage ignored.

She has returned to the store twice to resolve this matter, only to be stonewalled and treated very rudely by store staff. She's even taken it to two different computer tech services to try and reset the password and repair the damage (both have told her the computer is junk and not worth bothering with). I emailed Wal-mart and have yet to receive a reply (shocking, I know!).

I guess she's out the $400 she paid ( a lot of money for a kid in school), not to mention the additional money she'll have to spend to get an actually new and working computer from somebody else. I can say with absolute certainty that I'll never buy anything from them again.

Forgive me for my candor, but my God, who the *** do they think they are? I hope that this warning will be heeded by those considering an electronics purchase from them. They simply cannot be trusted, and they are so big that they clearly don't care about the little guy (big surprise!).

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

I don't like walmart too

Dwhales,

Age is rarely directly related to maturity.You may have a daughter older than me, but I still have the right to tell you that you cannot judge people by where they were born.

You didn't seem to have a problem with it before you learned my age, how come you are having trouble now? From what I have seen, you seem to think that you are better than nearly everyone else.

You think young people must always obey you completely, European people are rude, and that the people at Wal-Mart should obey everything you tell them to do, not accepting that your daughter might be lying until she tells you to.I understand you want your daughter to be perfect, but you cannot just blame everyone else.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #214993

Chris you are 14. How dare you talk back to an adult who has a daugher older than you. I thought you were one of those polit kids but you are wrong.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #214051

BTW, Chris that part about bashing facts on one particular group comment was directed to Kevin and Irish.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #214049

I am 21.I am not a kid, but I am a child at heart.

The funny thing is some of your kids on this site (Chris, Zachary, possibly Ian) have better common sense than some of the adults who post here.Yes I do work at Wal-mart but I don't have the power to ask Kevin to leave this letter just like he does not have the power to tell me to leave this thread.

Just to let the original poster know, what your daughter did is considered retail fraud and most companies don't lose money because of shoplifting they lose because of retail fraud(unfortuntely most of this comes form people who work there)

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213886

And the other Chris is 13 but he does not post no more. Kevin, Zachary, and I and Tasha all know each other. Trevor and irish we know online.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213885

Trevor does not have to stay off this post because he works at Wal-mart Kevin.

Most of us are kids.Tasha is 13, I am 10 and zachary is 12.

Irish is 17.

Kevin is 12.Trevor is 20.

Wait, is everyone on this website a kid?

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213728

trevor and chris you stay out of this, this is between me and hat *** irish there, and yes tasha is my girlfriend she has posted comments that are racist a bit but not much not like they dont deserve it.she is 13 btw, unless you are thinking of another tasha.

anyways lets make this simple chris and trevor you stay out of this this is between me and the chicken eating monkey irish.lets get to the facts those ten year old killers killed a two year old the the child was much younger than them, and the six year old killed someone his own age big difference.

Tasha is not Kevin's Girlfriend.She is also not racist.

I have never seen her post anything racist, and in fact have seen her attack racists.When I posted that incident, I was just pointing out that you cannot judge everyone by a minority.