My college age daughter bought a laptop from Wal-mart this afternoon. When she arrived home she opened the box, and found that her "new" computer was a used and damaged display model that was not only severely scratched but was missing keys on the keyboard. Additionally, when we turned it on, it requested a password for access that neither one of us has any knowledge of, preventing her from using it even if the keys could be fixed and the cosmetic damage ignored.

She has returned to the store twice to resolve this matter, only to be stonewalled and treated very rudely by store staff. She's even taken it to two different computer tech services to try and reset the password and repair the damage (both have told her the computer is junk and not worth bothering with). I emailed Wal-mart and have yet to receive a reply (shocking, I know!).

I guess she's out the $400 she paid ( a lot of money for a kid in school), not to mention the additional money she'll have to spend to get an actually new and working computer from somebody else. I can say with absolute certainty that I'll never buy anything from them again.

Forgive me for my candor, but my God, who the *** do they think they are? I hope that this warning will be heeded by those considering an electronics purchase from them. They simply cannot be trusted, and they are so big that they clearly don't care about the little guy (big surprise!).

Comments

I don't like walmart too

Dwhales,

Age is rarely directly related to maturity. You may have a daughter older than me, but I still have the right to tell you that you cannot judge people by where they were born.

You didn't seem to have a problem with it before you learned my age, how come you are having trouble now? From what I have seen, you seem to think that you are better than nearly everyone else.

You think young people must always obey you completely, European people are rude, and that the people at Wal-Mart should obey everything you tell them to do, not accepting that your daughter might be lying until she tells you to. I understand you want your daughter to be perfect, but you cannot just blame everyone else.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #214993

Chris you are 14. How dare you talk back to an adult who has a daugher older than you. I thought you were one of those polit kids but you are wrong.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #214051

BTW, Chris that part about bashing facts on one particular group comment was directed to Kevin and Irish.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #214049

I am 21. I am not a kid, but I am a child at heart.

The funny thing is some of your kids on this site (Chris, Zachary, possibly Ian) have better common sense than some of the adults who post here. Yes I do work at Wal-mart but I don't have the power to ask Kevin to leave this letter just like he does not have the power to tell me to leave this thread.

Just to let the original poster know, what your daughter did is considered retail fraud and most companies don't lose money because of shoplifting they lose because of retail fraud(unfortuntely most of this comes form people who work there)

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213886

And the other Chris is 13 but he does not post no more. Kevin, Zachary, and I and Tasha all know each other. Trevor and irish we know online.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213885

Trevor does not have to stay off this post because he works at Wal-mart Kevin.

Most of us are kids. Tasha is 13, I am 10 and zachary is 12.

Irish is 17.

Kevin is 12. Trevor is 20.

Wait, is everyone on this website a kid?

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213728

trevor and chris you stay out of this, this is between me and hat *** irish there, and yes tasha is my girlfriend she has posted comments that are racist a bit but not much not like they dont deserve it. she is 13 btw, unless you are thinking of another tasha.

anyways lets make this simple chris and trevor you stay out of this this is between me and the chicken eating monkey irish. lets get to the facts those ten year old killers killed a two year old the the child was much younger than them, and the six year old killed someone his own age big difference.

Tasha is not Kevin's Girlfriend. She is also not racist.

I have never seen her post anything racist, and in fact have seen her attack racists. When I posted that incident, I was just pointing out that you cannot judge everyone by a minority.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213600

Seriously you guys are basing your facts based on a few incidents. I heard about the James Bulger case and I have heard about the Flint, Michigan shooting.

However working as a Cub Scout leader, I find most children between that age kind and sweet and want to please their parents and the adults around them. Everywhere you go you will get a few bad kids, who are probably like that because they were abused. Those two boys that killed the toddler were, one of them was sexually abused by either his older brother, his father or both.

Chris is right, you take one story and assume that everyone is like that.(you assume blacks like to strangle ten year olds based on one person. Now you call ill on England because of two ten year old boys out of millions who killed a two year old.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213375

Kevin is a racist and so is his girlfriend Tasha. Kevin told me he is no longer my friend because I am black.

Top this Kevin. In your country a six year old killed another six year old in Flint Michigan. He shot his classmate.

Your country has the youngest killer. Those boys were ten when they killed James Bulger but that boy was only six.

Kevin, your comment proves you are an incredible bigot, yet again. Once again, you take a single story and make it sound like everyone does that.

Do I need to remind you that an eight year in America old once went crazy and murdered his entire family?

(Including his younger siblings.)

No country is better or worse. Believe me, if everyone in America was like you, Kevin, I would have left long ago.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #213066

you think your country england is so good think again, two boys who lived in england they were ten kidnapped a two year old from a mall and killed him by tying beating him up till he was unconcsious then they threw his body on the traintrack and a train ran over him and they killed him before that by throwing rocks at his head and hitting him and dropping him on his head. they were ten year old.

you lived in a country where ten year olds have kidnapped and killed a two year old. when he cried for his mommy they hit him and told him to shut up, they bought him candy to make him trust them and go with them,

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #212828

She just confessed what her daughter did and he read about it. Zachary, Kevin and Chris all know what she did.

Only Zachary and Chris would not do the same thing because they know better.

Kevin and the daughter on the other hand need better training. Also how do you know that kevin is from USA?

Dwhales1, I was on your side for a while, but I am somewhat offended by your cultural profiling. I, personally, live in America.

Kansas City, to be exact.

There are rude people here, but there are also some great people. My point is, you can find rude people and kind people in any group, and you cannot stereotype one group or another.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #212183

DJ, you and your little friend Kevin are very rude. I used to live in England and kids in USA are ruder than Kids in England.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #211232

Sometimes kids no matter what they are taught they do what they are not supposed to. As for Kevin don't let him feel bad about your parenting, you are doing better than his parents.(assuming he is not ignoring them)

DJ don't judge all kids based on Kevin and the daughter. Zach and Chris seem like decent kids.

dw, Sounds like you did not prepare your daughter very well for being on her own. Yes, we all make mistakes, I know I have, but to try to apologize for your daughter's mistake is not right. She should be doing that.

To dwhales, why are you even explaning yourself to a 12 yr old? The fact that you even respond to his comments shows how immature you are being.

The fact that he knew what your daughter had done, is really scary!

is that what our kids are learning today? Seems to me the parents need to keep a closer eye on their children.