3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have tried to use the walmart online services. I made several purchases via online between sept and nov.

i then reviewed my credit card record, which shows two purchases from sept for 29.85 each. I always watch for things like accidental duplicates, which could happen with any company, and have in the past. Its easy enough to check past orders, usually. With Walmart, its nearly impossible.

I was not able to find any records at all of past purchases with their online services, and so i called a customer service rep, who also was not able to find any record of either of these purchases. When i asked her what i should do about these alleged phantom purchases she suggested i call my credit card company, because she had no idea what to do about it. And so i did just that and filed the problem through the credit card company. i will likely have the two charges taken off my credit card.

But then, three days ago, i discovered a possibility that there was a sept purchase, for a total of 62.45 but it had two seperate items on that transaction that were for 29.85 each, plus other items. And so i called them again to find out how they bill credit cards, and if it was possible that they somehow had split the bill into more than one total charge. The service rep tried to insinuate that i was trying to scam them, that i needed to accept the decision of the past service rep and that this was no week to try to get employees of walmart to check on trivial items such as this, from so long ago. and then she hung up on me.

huh... what else am i supposed to do? beg them to pay better attention so i can try to give them more money? who would know such information without accusing me of trying to scam them.

why shouldnt i be able to ask things like how do you bill credit card companies... maybe the online services are not reliable enough to use?

Reason of review: employees not knowing how to find out accuracies and passing info to me that might be wrong.

Preferred solution: recheck the records to find out if the charges are accurate or not and contact the credit card company to straighten this out if needed.

I liked: Clearance sales.

I didn't like: Most employees lack of training.

Comments

Mike_mn

Confusing. I've found that when I've made online purchases at WalMart of many items, the charges will get broken into more than one charge.

Sometimes, several charges for various items. This makes it very difficult to know what charges go with what products.

Almost like a sudoku puzzle.

What I've resorted too is adding up ALL the charges that appear from WalMart for the one order to verify it matches the total.