After reading quite a few Walmart complaints from customers on this site, I think it is time for the employees to have their turn. I am writing this anonymously for obvious work related reasons. Now while I agree that there are some legitimate complaints about Walmart on this site, there are also plenty of BS posts from the type of customers that I am trying to address in this post. Those hard to please *** who come in expecting us to fly them to the moon and back.
1. You are not always right. Some of you are just people who are mad at the whole world and you find anyone you can take it out on. If you are just being downright abusive we are going to refuse to help you and we are not required by law to help you either. We also have no problem throwing you out or calling the cops if you go beyond the law with your anger.
2. We are NOT responsible for your kids. Walmart is not a daycare center. It is your responsibility to look after your own children. If they get lost we will stop what we are doing and look for them, but stop blaming us because you cannot take care of your own brats. Maybe you shouldn't have children in the first place if you can't look after them. And if they are running wild tearing up stuff then we are going to tell them to stop. End of story!
3. We get breaks and lunches. We are not superhuman and we need to take a load off at times during the workday. If you see us on the floor shopping or at the pharmacy picking up a prescription then LEAVE US THE *** ALONE! There is always someone else on the floor you can ask, so spare me that "I can't find anybody else" ***.
4. Management is responsible for staffing the registers and they can only work with what they have. In fact, I have never worked at any store, nor have I been in any store anywhere in the USA, that wasn't well staffed at the checkout lanes during the day. A crowded store like Walmart is going to have lines no matter how hard we try. So get over it. At night there is less people in the store so they are going to be fewer checkouts open. Again, most of the complaining about this is from the same people who expect us to give them the moon and stars.
5. If we don't have it then we don't have it. We will look for the product you are looking for to the best of our abilities and we will even call other stores to see if they might have it, but we don't have magic wands either.
6. Telling us that you are never shopping at the store again doesn't hurt us. Walmart is a billion dollar giant and you taking your $100.00 elsewhere isn't going to make any difference. Most Walmart employees don't work at Walmart their entire life anyway and neither do most of us want to. Besides, most of the time you folks who say this are right back the next day.
7. Don't go ballistic on us just because a price rings up wrong. Especially if it is just like a $1 difference or so. We can change reasonable price differences easy. Nobody likes a cheapskate.
8. Walmart store management and associates are not responsible for separate stores and restaurants within Walmart like Subway or McDonalds. They are separate companies ran by separate people. All those places have to do with Walmart is pay rent to Walmart to use the space. If you have a problem with then you complain to their company not us, we cannot do anything. Same with the coke machines out front. Those machines are stocked and maintained by separate vendors such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi Co. If your dollar gets stuck in the machine or something then we will give it back to you at customer service. Stop yelling at passing associates who are coming or leaving for the day or are on break or lunch. They can't do anything about it, it is not their fault.