I bought a NUVI gps at Walmart for $119 in February 2012 and also purchased a 1-yr product replacement plan ($12) from the Walmart clerk (David Roche).The clerk clearly told me: "everything is covered, no questions asked" which I believed until I tried to use their "coverage." After only 3 months I went to Walmart to return the product, which was defective, and they told me that since their 30 days store warranty expired I should contact the extended warranty I have purchased.

I then called Walmart Product Replacement Plan. THe representative said that there was NOTHING they could do because my coverage ONLY would START after the manufacturers warranty expires. I called the manufactures and followed the instructions to update maps. The Gps worked better after that.

Since I lived in New Jersey I was told that the signal was not as good because of the amount of trees, etc.

Last December I moved to Texas and here my GPS is presenting the same problems. I called the extended warranty I purchased believing on what the clerk who sold me the plan told me (everything is covered no questions asked) and now they told me that my 1 year plan started on the day I purchased the product and they have no responsibility in replacing the product. I am so mad with these people.

If that were the case, I would not have purchased the warranty at all. At a minimum this seems to be HIGHLY deceptive sales practices. The sales clark was deceptive AND the first representative who answered my phone call was also deceptive, since he stated that my plan would start only after the first year. The plan I purchased was TOTALLY worthless and the sales representative was a lier.

I will never shop at Walmart for electronics again and will tell everyone I know about their horrible warranty plan.They are all liars and unethical.

Review about: Walmart Sales Representative.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments