Madera, California

Yesterday, we received the Walmart sales ad that stated select trees and shrubs for $9.88. So I went up right away to see what trees would be on sale.

The garden worker said the only trees they had on sale would be the $22.00 ones at a certain end. She scanned the one I was interested in and said come back tomorrow as they would be on sale then. So bright and early this morning I went back only to find that their "Trees" on sale for $9.88 was actually a pallet of 22 shrubs. Mind you the ad said trees and shrubs and only in select stores, they didn't say which stores on the ad, nor did they have the tree on sale that I wanted.

I am forced to shop at Walmart because it is the only big box in town. So over the years I have spent a lot of money there. But this morning really yanked my chain as I not only got up early for this "Tree" sale and had planned my day around planting a "Tree" only to find that after waiting 45 minutes as they argued over which trees and then pointed out in select stores on the ad. I just lost it.

Threw the *** ad in the air and said I will go to Home Depot or Lowell's to spent my money for a tree at a higher price than be deceptively led to believe 22 shrubs are a group of trees. If they were not going to have the trees on sale they should have printed not in Madera Walmart on the ad. I will never buy anything from the garden dept. now or ever again.

Yes I did call the store and told them the same thing! Not a happy camper after over 35 years or more shopping at Wal-Mart and buying plants there.

Comments

"Threw the *** ad in the air"

Please stay out of public if you can't behave like an adult.

@Simon

It was out of frustration that I lost it! I had been there twice.

I inquired the day before and told one thing, when the next day they didn't even have a sign on what was on sale. If they had not of jerked me around for the last time I would have gladly paid full price for the tree. Previously they did the same thing with vacuum cleaners and yardage. Don't get me wrong, I have a great respect for the workers and anyone that deals with the public.

Just ones that don't bother to even post the sign on the right products or carry the product that they advertise and then try to sell me something I don't want...no. The management needs to have team meetings and make sure signs and stock is clearly posted or to be had.After over 35 years of shopping at Wal-Mart I will be going other places out of town to do my shopping.

So you yelled and threw the ad at the employees, what did they do wrong? They can not give you what you want, you want them to lose their jobs just so you can have your way? Don't take it out on the folks just doing their jobs

@Anonymous

I called the store back and spoke with the assistant manger Who did offer to give me the tree at the sale price I was told the day Before. I told her no didn't want it and explained why.

She was very much in agreement with my frustration and why I would be angry. I went to my local nursery and purchased one at a higher cost. It was out of frustration that I lost it! I had been there twice.

Almost every ad, from every store will state that not all items are available in all stores and they never state which store. The ads are all printed in one area and sent out to all the stores across the country.

It isn't just WalMart that does that, so get off your "high horse" about WalMart and start reading the ads.

Myself, if I am going to spend money on trees, I will go to a regular nursery instead of buying them from any type of retail store. I learned this the hard way, before there were any WalMart stores in the area where I live.

@anonymous

She was very much in agreement with my frustration and why I would be angry.

I went to my local nursery and purchased one at a higher cost. It is the fact that Wal-Mart in our local town has done this over and over on other items too and I'm taking my shopping someplace else Even if I pay more.

walmart doesn't care about CUSTOMERS or EMPLOYEES they only care about money and lots of it. PAY them or get out is the attitude, they do not care if you are happy, sad, angry.

just give them your MONEY. ABOVE REPROACH