1.4K views

Purchased a tablet for a child's Christmas gift on October 25th. Child opens it for Christmas and it does not work.

Returned the product to the store and was told that because I did not purchase the product on or after November 1st that they could not exchange the product. So I am out of $100. I was told to contact the manufacturer which is a total waste of time because they do not respond.

Still don't know what happened to the 90 day policy. I am so frustrated with Walmart that I am telling everyone not to purchase items from them.

Comments

I bought notebook to find out the problem is THE SOFTWARE IS CORRUPTED and it will never work right. Have receipt and want an even exchange -same thing.

I asked Microsoft HOW I'd prove /show walmart this is the issue because they generally aren't trained in anything specific to function or repair and was TOLD TO SHOW THEM. REALLY ?

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #915167

If you buy any electronics from Walmart or Walmart.com you have 90 day with the original receipt to buy Walmart warranty. NEVER BUT WALMART WARRANTY OR service plan online they charge 3 time as much.

Just bring your receipt to any cashier at Walmart to buy the warrant. then call it in ask for a live person..

to receive the gift card or replacement. Always tell Walmart that it broken -never say it a technical.

I hope this help

Madison, Wisconsin, United States #789114

If you called your kid a dummy, you're a *** parent. No one made you do that, it's all on you.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #784032

Pay attention. Walmart policy for ANY computer and/or tablet item is 15 days.

That is it. 90 day return is NOT for computer or tablets. The signs are all over customer service in big *** letters.

Call the manufacturer and they will replace it. Or you can keep looking like a fool here with a broken tablet.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States #783810

I didnt read all the comments but i am, too, upset with Walmart and the manufacturer. I bought an hkc tsblet from walmart.com.

It took about 7-8 days to ship, and i was okay with that. It wad a they give for my 9 year old daughter. she play with it successfully a total of 2 days. during that time she complains that she thought it was too hot.

keep in mind she barely even used it because soon as she began to play with it it began to get too hot and I made her turn it off. the third day the screen froze as she was playing a game. the screen on froze and she saw the lines of colors in the screen. she restarted it turned it back on the lines disappear and she began to play.

she heard a pop, and yhe scren shut off.. when she turned it back on the screen with full of color lines and she could not play any longer. when trying to return it to Walmart the representative said that we broke the screen was cracked it was our fault and they will not return or replace my product. walmart.com would not refund or replace the product either because it was 15 days past the date that I ordered it.

keep in mind it took seven or eight days to receive it after I order it.

the manufacture never ever ever ever ever answer the phone when I called the second day the phone was called or the line would be busy. I hate walmart, walmart.com, and the sucky manufaturer.

to i hate walmart and hkc Phoenix, Arizona, United States #915168

I hope this help

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States #782442

The only dummy are the ones talking bout a product you don't have... I too have this product and it hasn't worked proper since my kids opened it I Christmas...

I advise no one to buy this... you can't even rely on the manufacture to repay our replace it since they don't answer the phone...

never mind the fact I got kicked out of one of them n the company had no idea how to reboot the tablet... $100 down the drain times 2 :( :x :x :(

Orange Park, Florida, United States #777724

Shame on you for calling your child a dummy. Walmart sold you a product.

The product is defective. Walmart did not make it, so therefor it is on the manufacturer to replace/repair. Grow up, take responsibility. Quit dogging out companies and people online.

You big dummy.

Even if your poor child used it wrong, this doesnt make them dumb. Just means maybe their parent(you) isn't taking the proper time to teach them how to use it. Take responsibility. You dumb parent.

Do us a favor and stop reproducing too. Don't need anymore people growing up with parent issues (mom verbally abusing them).

You Dumb Loser.

Concord, California, United States #774984

But I am still angry about the fact that they sold me a defective product. I trusted them.

I thought my son was using the tablet wrong and called him a dummy. Then when I returned to the store I was forced to lie in front of my son saying that the tablet was broken when I opened it up. I had to tell him to keep his mouth shut when I said this or he would be in real trouble. He knew I was not telling the truth because he saw me throw the tablet down the stairs.

So they forced me to lie in front of my son.

Which sets a bad example for him. Even though it is their fault I threw the tablet down the stairs when they refused to contact me.

to Anonymous #1313554

Are you completely psychotic? You throw a tablet down a flight of stairs, and in your mind, that's somebody's fault other than YOURS?

My update on my issue is that Walmart called to apologize for any inconvenience and offered to take back the defective tablet for equal or greater value. I was satisfied with this and was glad to get the issue resolved. FYI....I had to file a complaint with the BBB first.

I do not shop big box stores by choice. Sometimes a great deal is not so great, you might be purchasing a used item and they either don't know, don't care, or don't tell you.

I purchased a laptop from walmart about 6 years ago, got it home, booted it up, and lo and behold a kitten was on the sign in page. The computer was used and still passworded. I took it back to the store I got it from, they told me they didn't have any more, I took it to another location, and they had one, and did apologize for it. However, they also told me on returns of computers, they usually wipe the disk before putting it back out on the shelf.

HA! You might be getting used returned items for the full price.

Of course, that's how it works at rent to own too. Used item, full price

The policy is 15 days for all electronics. Your issue is with the manufacturer, not Walmart.

Why would it be a WalMart problem if the tablet doesn't work, you can't blame them for something they didn't make. The manufacturer

is not responding, how is that their fault?

90 day policy, I've never heard that before (maybe 30).

to Anonymous Concord, North Carolina, United States #770417

No you retard it is a 90 day return policy. Not 15, not 30.

Why not go back to school before making a fool of yourself. It is a three month policy which is 90 days. You are a dummy you know that. Neither of you dummies and idiots know how to read.

They have to back up the product that they sell. At first I thought my son was using the Tablet wrong so I called him a dummy. Then I tried it myself and it did not work. They ruined Christmas because my son was hurt that I called him a dummy when a product they sold did not work.

They probably knew the manufacture would not respond, and were too lazy to get it themselves.

Also now I am afraid that the manufacture won't replace the product because I tried contacting them again, I could not get a hold of them so I threw the Tablet down the stairs and it cracked.

to mzscookie Lizella, Georgia, United States #770465

You seem to have anger issues. You blame other people for your anger issues, (your son, Walmart, the manufacture).

Also to the other two poster who are normal. I believe if you have a gift receipt they make an exception for the 15-30-90 day return policy.

to mzscookie #770595

You sound just like the usual troll. You can call people names all day long it doesn't change the fact that it IS 15 days on all electronics.

it is posted all over customer service. The only one being a fool here is you.

If you don't want people to respond...don't post. Pretty simple...for some people.