Never EVER assume the clerks in the paint department are properly trained to do their job and properly seal a paint can they've just mixed. You had better ask for the hammer and whack the lid yourself. Otherwise you may be left with a DISASTER...

On 1/11/13, my Aunt went to store #152 in DeSoto, MO, and purchased a gallon of yellow paint. When she got to her car, she put the can on the floorboard behind the passenger seat, and started to drive out of the parking lot. In order to leave this particular store, you have to go up a hill. As she started up the hill, the paint can tipped over, the lid popped right off and paint covered her floorboard, back door panel and splashed on the back seat. She immediately turned around and went back to the store. She just wanted someone to HELP her clean up the mess.

My Aunt went back in to the paint counter, explained the situation to one of the clerks, and asked for the manager. Another clerk went to find the manager. The manager was to busy and told the clerk to find the assistant manager to deal with it. Twenty minutes later, yes TWENTY minutes later, they found the assistant manager. She explains the situation to the assistant manager; she leaves to get some papers. While the assistant is away, the kid that screwed up apologized and promptly disappeared. Another worker overheard the situation, went and got a roll of paper towels, and offered to help her. They were able to get some of it up and knew they needed some wet wipes to try to get the remaining paint up. They went back in for wipes and incredibly the whole store was out of wipes. REALLY? Out of wipes at Walmart? After an hour the assistant calls maintenance to help wash out the paint with water. All that managed to do was smear the paint and grind it into the carpet more. At this point the assistant came out and took pictures.

After being jacked around for ELEVEN days later she received an email denying her claim. Why? "It must be established that Walmart was negligent and their negligence was the proximate cause of damages. After a thorough investigation, we determined that we are not responsible for the damage and deny your claim." A THOROUGH investigation??? You have GOT to be kidding me. This prompted a phone call where the claim's officer further added: There was NO video on it (SERIOUSLY?!? You need to train your claims officers. There are security cameras all over the place. You need video? Review your security cameras.) He then went on to say that the sale was cash and carry. Yes. She paid cash and carried it out of the store. What kind of dipwad comment was that?!?!? She PICKED a color, a clerk MIXED the color and the CLERK didn't properly close the can of paint.

It is pretty pathetic when a company doesn't care about the customer. Each time you *** a customer off like this, and don't even attempt to resolve the situation, you lose them. To big to fail? I don't think so. Every customer represents a sale. Each time you lose a sale, you lose money. You keep *** people off, at the rate you have been, your sales numbers will continue to decline. It is well worth it to go to a home improvement store (where they ARE trained and DO resolve issues in a professional manner) and pay MORE so you don't have to deal with untrained idiots at Walmart.

Like · · Unfollow Post · Tuesday at 9:27pm

Seen by 14

Tammie Walker likes this...

50 of 80

View previous comments..

Denise McNeary i thought that today.. I posted how upset I was and it was gone after I wrote it... I told you rene' they have thier *** covered.. there is NO complaint department AT all when you call them either..

Tuesday at 10:30pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom BUT I have friends that WILL copy and paste!

Tuesday at 10:30pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary i copied and pasted it on walmart... alabama site

Tuesday at 10:30pm · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom Well, I am a persistent ***. I'll get it to stay. Hahahahahahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:31pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary i meant ark... I just went back.. it's on there... but under my name

Tuesday at 10:32pm · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary walmart.. bentonville ark.. it's on the righthand side

Tuesday at 10:33pm · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom I did it on the one that has 26 million likes.

Tuesday at 10:33pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary bentonville is there headquarters... home of the wally world queen

Tuesday at 10:36pm · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom I'll post to ALL of them.

Tuesday at 10:37pm via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Denise McNeary me tooooooooooooooooo.. let's get the word out

Tuesday at 10:38pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom I don't know WHY it's not staying.

Tuesday at 10:39pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary i am posting it in pinterest

Tuesday at 10:39pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom I'm not on there. Thank GOD! Hahahahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:41pm via mobile · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary ok.. I posted it on store 152 and sent it to some private friends that are not on friends list.. I posted it in the Bentonville site and am printing it out to post in the laundry mats and shops around DeSoto and DIttmer as well as Hillsboro and surrou...See More

Tuesday at 10:49pm · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom I'm going to be FAMOUS! Through you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Why won't it stay when I post?

Tuesday at 10:50pm · Like..

Denise McNeary idk... mine is still on there... AND your name won't show.....

Tuesday at 10:52pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom I see yours!!!! Good! At least one of ours stays! I don't give a *** about my name showing. I'm all about the principle. Hahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:54pm via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Denise McNeary so you will only be famous in Julitza Gerena new novel that will turn in to a Grammy at the movies... hahahah

Tuesday at 10:54pm · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary yeah.. because I copied and Pasted it.. my name was on it from fb..... so your cleared...

Tuesday at 10:54pm · Like..

Denise McNeary lolololololol

Tuesday at 10:55pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom Hahahahahahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:55pm via mobile · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom I don't care about being cleared (eye roll) hahahahahaha

Tuesday at 10:55pm via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Denise McNeary from sex in the city to 50 shades... these girls are hott and let it all out for everyone to hear... that will be the first line in the movie..hahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:56pm · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary the virgin part will really be an added surprise for the readers.. ahahahahahahahahahaha

René Lord-Nystrom Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Denise McNeary I have 25 copes printed out...as I type...lol

Tuesday at 10:58pm · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary copies

Tuesday at 10:58pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom I finally see mine on there. It stayed. Now they will think we are psycho. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tuesday at 10:59pm · Like..

Cindy Lambert haha not so fast missy! i see it go click on it and it says its unavailable!

Tuesday at 11:00pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary what!!!! bastards.....

Tuesday at 11:01pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom They just responsed! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tuesday at 11:03pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom To the one I posted a hour ago and could not see. Hahahahahah

Tuesday at 11:05pm via mobile · Like..

Cindy Lambert well what did they say since we cant see it!

Denise McNeary omg!!! hhahahahahah

Denise McNeary i will google walmart complaint dept and see what it says

Tuesday at 11:06pm via mobile · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary oh ur for real!!!! what does it say??

Cindy Lambert found it! lol

Tuesday at 11:07pm via mobile · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom I just posted it in here. I had to take a pic.

Tuesday at 11:08pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary oh we need to respond!! i have claim number and stuff and letter of denial

Tuesday at 11:11pm via mobile · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom Repost the letter (I think it's a blanket statement) and let them ask specific questions.

Tuesday at 11:12pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom I will go repost it to that link and tell them you have a case number and denial letter.

Tuesday at 11:13pm · Like..

Denise McNeary k....tks!

Tuesday at 11:16pm via mobile · Like · 1..

Tammie Walker Denise, one of our executives at my company said you need to contact the news station in your area that does investigative reporting. They love that stuff

Yesterday at 2:24am via mobile · Unlike · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom That's a good idea. You can copy and edit this version if it helps. Replace my aunt with I, and she with me.

Yesterday at 8:00am via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary yep.. I wrote them last night.... they responded that someone in that department will review my complaint and get back with me if they will air it..

Yesterday at 8:02am · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom Good. I hope they do.

Yesterday at 8:10am via mobile · Like..

Nico Downey I'll get right on that *** but I *** HATE wal-***!

Yesterday at 9:57am · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom Walmart sucks ***. I try to avoid them as much as possible. Now that they have the self checkout lanes there are NEVER any cashiers. If I have to shop for it, check it out myself, and bag it...that *** should be free. ***.

16 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2..

Nico Downey What you said René!! *** wal-mart

15 hours ago · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom *** ***. ***. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

14 hours ago · Like..

Like · · Unfollow Post · Tuesday at 9:27pm

Seen by 14

Tammie Walker likes this...

50 of 80

View previous comments..

Tuesday at 10:30pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom BUT I have friends that WILL copy and paste!

Tuesday at 10:30pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary i copied and pasted it on walmart... alabama site

Tuesday at 10:30pm · Like · 2..

Tuesday at 10:31pm via mobile · Like..

Tuesday at 10:32pm · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary walmart.. bentonville ark.. it's on the righthand side

Tuesday at 10:33pm · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom I did it on the one that has 26 million likes.

Tuesday at 10:33pm via mobile · Like..

Tuesday at 10:36pm · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom I'll post to ALL of them.

Tuesday at 10:37pm via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Denise McNeary me tooooooooooooooooo.. let's get the word out

Tuesday at 10:38pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom I don't know WHY it's not staying.

Tuesday at 10:39pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary i am posting it in pinterest

Tuesday at 10:39pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom I'm not on there. Thank GOD! Hahahahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:41pm via mobile · Like · 1..

Tuesday at 10:49pm · Like · 2..

Tuesday at 10:50pm · Like..

Denise McNeary idk... mine is still on there... AND your name won't show.....

Tuesday at 10:52pm · Like..

Tuesday at 10:54pm via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Tuesday at 10:54pm · Like · 1..

Tuesday at 10:54pm · Like..

Denise McNeary lolololololol

Tuesday at 10:55pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom Hahahahahahahahahah

Tuesday at 10:55pm via mobile · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom I don't care about being cleared (eye roll) hahahahahaha

Tuesday at 10:55pm via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Tuesday at 10:56pm · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Denise McNeary I have 25 copes printed out...as I type...lol

Tuesday at 10:58pm · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary copies

Tuesday at 10:58pm · Like..

Tuesday at 10:59pm · Like..

Tuesday at 11:00pm via mobile · Like..

Denise McNeary what!!!! bastards.....

Tuesday at 11:01pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom They just responsed! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tuesday at 11:03pm · Like..

René Lord-Nystrom To the one I posted a hour ago and could not see. Hahahahahah

Tuesday at 11:05pm via mobile · Like..

Cindy Lambert well what did they say since we cant see it!

Denise McNeary omg!!! hhahahahahah

Denise McNeary i will google walmart complaint dept and see what it says

Tuesday at 11:06pm via mobile · Like · 1..

Denise McNeary oh ur for real!!!! what does it say??

Cindy Lambert found it! lol

Tuesday at 11:07pm via mobile · Like · 1..

René Lord-Nystrom I just posted it in here. I had to take a pic.

Tuesday at 11:08pm via mobile · Like..

Tuesday at 11:11pm via mobile · Like · 2..

Tuesday at 11:12pm · Like..

Tuesday at 11:13pm · Like..

Denise McNeary k....tks!

Tuesday at 11:16pm via mobile · Like · 1..

Yesterday at 2:24am via mobile · Unlike · 2..

Yesterday at 8:00am via mobile · Like..

Yesterday at 8:02am · Like · 2..

René Lord-Nystrom Good. I hope they do.

Yesterday at 8:10am via mobile · Like..

Nico Downey I'll get right on that *** but I *** HATE wal-***!

Yesterday at 9:57am · Like · 2..

16 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2..

Nico Downey What you said René!! *** wal-mart

15 hours ago · Like · 1..

Write a comment....

Options.

Write a comment....

Options.

Review about: Walmart Security Guard.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

brandaman
Boston, Massachusetts, United States #617288

ok first, like h=the other commentor said, check the can yourself, second, they are trained, but mistakes always happen, stop downgrading them.third, the clerk apologized themselves and others offered to clean it up.

fourth, belive it or not stores do run out of cleaning supplies themselves. if you needed wipe, buy some from there and use those.

sure i agree with you, it sucks that it wasnt sealed properly (which you should have noticed anyway) and it sucks it got all over your car, but stuff happens.get used to it

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #598678

Your aunt should have checked the can's seal. Too much drivel in your story.