On this date, February 21, 2011, I visited one of your Wal-Mart stores (located at intersection of Rio Bravo and Coors Blvd) to purchase a few items at your grocery section. After going through the check out and obtaining my receipt, I proceeded to the exit where I was stopped and demanded that I surrender my receipt before leaving the store.

This is a continuing practice of this store in the Albuquerque area. Your employees at this store are rude and demanding of your customers. Quite frankly, they treat customers as thieves until we prove that we are not. I believe that some of your stores, especially this one are in dire need of proper training on what constitutes illegal search of customer's personal property once paid for, including the receipt.

For your information, I usually just shop for groceries at Wal-Mart, but as of this date I will be doing my shopping at Albertson's or Smiths.

Hope you correct this major problem of your employees pertending to be cops.

Efren Montoya

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

randomgirl

I hope you don't mind the trolls trying to make this about race. They need to give the reciept back to you, but I usual just wave and say, in a hurry. My purchases haven't set off an alarm or anything so I don't see any reason to stop.

randomgirl

Get the *** back to that filthy shithole you were dropped in if you dont ike it you stinkin ***.

"Boo Hoo" and "American Born" , you are both americans pieces of *** , it's because of people like you that half of the planet hates you , self indulgent center of univers's racist ***.

Judging from the comment from Boo Hoo, good name for you, you are the piece of trash.

They aren't detaining you, you are voluntarily stopping.If you kept walking, they couldn't do anything.

If you don't want to stop, just ignore them and keep walking.

When I'm in a hurry and they ask to see my receipt, I just say "nope" and keep going.Legally, they cannot stop you from leaving without reasonable suspicion.

I hate it how they stop and demand to see a recipt too. Walmart is the only store that does this, and I have vowed to never shop there again.