280 views
Verified Reviewer

Placed online grocery order as I am ill and cannot get out to buy food right now. Order confirmed for 11:00 am to 12:00 pm delivery.

Received email that driver was en-route with order and would be here in 12 minutes. 30 minutes went by, received email saying order had been delivered; it had not! I called the 800 customer order number to get assistance, he disconnected me after telling me order had been returned to store!! I called back and got another agent who said she would contact the store directly; she had difficulty reaching anyone but finally did.

While she was doing that I live chatted with yet another person who said the same thing and said they would call me back. Finally, I did get another call back advising order had to be re-shopped as it contained refrigerated items and would be delivered in two hours (originally 11:00 - 12:00 - now 3:30 - 4:30) So here I set, 8 minutes from the store, too sick to go anywhere and at their mercy. Bottom line on what info was finally provided: the driver "had car problems", order returned to store???

And no communicating to me what was going on!!!!! The good service was from the shopper who filled/bagged my order and the second customer service lady who was finally able to contact the manager of the grocery delivery service department and call me back.

User's recommendation: DO NOT even bother! So stressful and frustrating! And when you need this service the most, you get screwed!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Delivery Service.

Walmart Pros: That i will never do business again with them.

Walmart Cons: Lack of communication regarding driver issue.

Location: 100 Commons Dr, Parkesburg, PA 19365

Comments

#1960428

I absolutely hate Walmart!! I switched to instacart delivery and Aldi's...I get groceries delivered once a month and have never had a problem!

#1941488

Placed order at 10:30 AM for delivery between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm. At 6:15 pm, chatted with CSR who told me first driver canceled and second driver picked up order.

At 7:15 pm, order not received. Chatted again with CSR who stated order has been delayed and unsure whether would be delivered tonight or not. Had to cancel order and will have to wait 5 days to get refund. I will have to eat Raman soup until I get money back.

Absolutely disgraceful experience.

I understand Walmart does not do the deliveries but they should be ashamed with this since it is causing them a black eye. I know they don't care but they should

Walmart does not deliver groceries. They contract out to postmates. So it’s postmates fault.

#1941253
@PissedConsumer1893454

No it is Walmart that tells customer a time, WITHOUT forest making sure a driver will take the order! I drive for door dash and stopped taking Walmart orders after several bad experiences.First time I went for Walmart pick up waited 30 minutes, before being told the order had already been picked up.

Many times I showed up for pickup looked at the line of cars waiting,and cancelled the pickup,due to too long of a wait. And when I did take orders, mostly received no tip, until I started texting the customer,that I was a door dash driver delivering for Walmart.

Then it was still only half or less that would tip. How I decline all Walmart orders

It would appear you paid via a debit card as you want a refund. Bad decision.

Never use a debit card. Use a credit card so you can dispute and not pay the charge when anything goes wrong---the odds of bad service with Walmart are high-enough to expect bad service.

You might try Kroger delivery for food. The expectation of better service from Kroger is much higher than Walmart.

Walmart Reviews