my daughter was leavin the south sioux, nebraska walmart with her bags in hand and the door greeter forcefully yanked the bags out of her hands as she was walking by and demanded a reciept,,as she dumped the contents on the floor, she called me crying and I went there demanding to talk to the store manager he just brushed it aside and said"we will handle it" as I stood there waiting for him to arrive..Several people walking by who witnessed it had said" They do that all the time to people of color".

There version of handling it was they moved the greeter to another walmart store in iowa and to my shock it was the one we frequented..so we just stop going to walmart

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

"They do that all the time to people of color".

Well DUH. Everyone is a color of some type. :cry

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #177938

Honey oth spellings are correct, "color" is used in United States and Canada?."Colour" is used in Canada?

and Britain.Not sure how Canada spells it, but that spelling is correct.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #177936

This is directed to "sorry".

If you read the comments of others you would see that the daughter was "shoplifting" and they were watching her very closely. She did not shoplift her that day, the mother even confessed that the daughter was shoplifting before. Then a few days later she was caught. Even when she was caught she accused them of racism. Also the mother is assuming Trevor is racist because he too works at Wal-mart.

To the mother, it does not matter if the child was 8 or 11 or 50 anyone over five should know that stealing is wrong. She got what she deserved. She was not mistreated by the greeter because of her color, but probably because she was they had their suspisions before, only they needed proof. Whether she actually did steal that day or not we don't know. It is most likely she did and she was crying because she thought she got caught. Obviously this was not lesson enough because two days later(the mother actually admitted this) she did steal and was caught and her mother made excuses cried racism. She even wrote a letter about how "racist" the security was for arresting her daughter who actually did steal.

So "sorry" read before you comment, because the mother even admitted the daughter asked for a Barbie Doll, the mother said "no" so the daughter decided to steal it.

most of what i read of racism on this site is so false it is funny! but from what little your story tells your daughter was a victim of discrimination . and i am just disgusted by the comments of others.

007

It doesn't sound like discrimination to me.It's funny, you people are always crying about racism.

It's because of people like you that the racism issue is still around. Everything is because your black, right?

It's a huge conspiracy against the black people.Get over yourself.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #39532

You people will cry racism over anything, but let's face it.You guys commit most of the crimes in the world, (especially the more serious) the more serious the crime the more you people commit them.

Besides your daugther did steal the Barbie doll, which just shows how your people are. Then you have the nerve to cry racism.

Let's face it people are going to suspect you people all the time because you actually lie, steal, cheat and even kill your way through life.

It is a sad fact but it is true.Infact studies show your brains are slightly smaller than ours.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #38703

I'll get that answer for you Berkman."Accountable"

Jen - They probably demanded your daughter show her receipt because they suspected her from before.

If she was caught this time she was probably suspected before. It is not because she is black. The manager probably told the greeter to do this because if she stole the barbie dolls and chocolate bar she probably stole at that time when you left her alone.

But only security could arrest her so you should be ashamed of her and not the greeter.They have every right to protect their merchandice even whether you are black or white.

Its not discrimination if she committed a crime. That just means she is a thief. You should hold her accountible not make excuses.

Blackrack what did I mispell?

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #38574

Wow, Trevor was just trying to be helpful and you assumed he is racist just because he also works at Wal-mart. Now who is the one discriminating here? Also if your daughter was stealing she deserves to get punished no matter if she is black, white or green.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #38063

Trevor, you work at walmart so you are just as racist as the greeter, don't pretend to be on my side and stick up for me. You are just making yourself look good. Well you know what your racist company arrested my daughter for shoplifting a few days after I wrote my last comment. This was in the same store as that racist greeter. Are you proud of working for walmart, are you proud of a company that would arrest a 11 year old child.

True my child was stealing two days after I wrote my last comment, however it sickens me that if she were white she would have gotton away with it. They just suspected her because she was black. If she were white your security would never have arrested my daughter in the first place because they would not even suspect her of stealing.

I took her shopping after school. She wanted to look at toys and I let her while I was doing my shopping. After I left there was the same racist greeter that wanted to check my reciept. I refused to show it to her. Then to my surprise a few minutes later a security guard arrested my daughter for shoplifting. She had stolen a Barbie doll and a chocolate bar from the toy department. (the chocolate bars were hanging hear the dolls. The doll she had stolen was one that I refused to buy for her earlier. Well I admit what my daughter did was wrong, however they would never have suspected her in the first place if she were not colored. If she had been white she would have gotton away with...

BTW Jason my daughter is 11.