2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

When i got home and tried to activate it on the computer the response was "That's an non-valid number".I kept getting that response even when using the computerized phone service, so i went back to the store.

At the store 2500 s kirkman rd orlando florida customer service told me to call the number at the bottom. I called it at the store and the computer voice responded "The card must be activated first. So i asked to speak with the manager. a co-manager said it's not our problem, you will have to contact visa....i asked again to speak with the manager and another co-manager states after looking at my receipt say's the number on the card does not match the receipt.

So now they are accusing me of attempted fraud. after some more back and forth i tell him if he punches in the number on the receipt the number on my card will come up and it did. then about an hour of waiting and trying time and time again at the store they say the card will work.

Unprofessional, incompetent managers one right after another!!I have not tried it yet.

Review about: Walmart Debit Card Activation.

I didn't like: Endless supply of managers that dissmiss you and your problem.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

tompaints8_10

The only reason i got the card in the first place was for a neighbor who wanted to order stuff on line but doesn't have a credit card.So when i went on line with the neighbor to put it in their name the number came up "Invalid", so we tried again, then again by phone call.

Then i had to pay back the neighbor and im stuck with the card.

The co-manager then tells me he will not refund me the $301 cash i had paid for the card because he had no way of getting that money back. Then he leaves for 20 minutes, comes back with the card company on the phone.

So i am giving out all my information at the service desk in front of customers and employees (social security number) .It would read back my info (The phone on PA) so everybody could here and say is this correct.

No apologies, no sorry for the hassle, just take your card and leave.

tompaints8_10

I went to my bank today to get what i could out of the card.All i got was 290.00.

It cost me 301.00. Too get that i had to call walmart national complaint line twice due to the fact that this card does not provide you with a human to talk to customer service.

The first time i called the walmart complaint line they sent me back to the cards computer only response line and said push 6, that will get you through. Just more wasted time.

The second call put me on hold for 15 minutes then the (from another county)man that answered said i had the wrong department, then transferred me, Another long hold then a woman (from another country) kepted rambling on, so i got loud an asked how much can i get out of this card at my bank and she said 290.00 due to the fee's.

So im out 11.00....not so bad but when you count the wasted time away from work it totals 4 hours. The aggravation Off the scale!

Walmart and Visa are both responsible.

They should say on the outside of the package that visa does not provide their regular customer service on this card.That you get *** for customer service from them and Walmart.

to tompaints8_10 #1365177

I'd be happy you went from nothing from the manager to losing 11dollars. Sounds like you should count your lucky stars.

to 23502 #1379667

23502...You have low expectations from customer service. This was not a purchase from a street vendor, it was a walmart card from walmart. It would have been fraud if they did not make it good.