I purchased a 5 year plan for a television that started turning itself off and on three years into the agreement. When I contacted customer care they started by troubleshooting with my television. The troubleshooting messed it up worse than it was.

I was then told they would ship a box to me to return the item. I told them it was professionally mounted and would be difficult to ship so the service agent told me they would send someone to my home to repair it. They were supposed to call and schedule within 48 hours.

After 5 days I called back. They apologized and said someone would definitely call to schedule service within 48 hours. This happened 3 times. By this time 3 weeks had passed.

On my fourth call I was passed to a manager who said no one should have told me a provider could come to my house because my TV was only 40" and they only did that for 44" and up. He would not make an exception even though I had been promised several times that a provider would come out to repair my TV.

The manager seemed unapologetic and threatened to hang up on me because I said this was *** He just blamed his staff for passing on incorrect information. I think my term was warranted.

They are shipping me a box to send the TV to them. By the time this is over I will have went at least 6 weeks without a TV and I will have had to pay a handyman twice to take down the TV and remount it. Hope they actually repair it when it's shipped.

Do NOT waste your money on this care plan. They don't really want to fix anything. Just want to frustrate you until you give up. Go through a third party for a care plan and not Walmart.

Comments

4 screws! Better call a professional! Lmfao

I would be willing to bet that if you took a little time and read the service plan you purchased it would tell you that the TV has to be taken to a service center rather than someone coming to your home. Just because you had it professionally installed doesn't mean you can't take out a few screws and get it off the wall yourself.

Also while you are reading the plan you will find out you did go through a 3rd party, it was just sold at a Walmart store. Most of these plans don't offer in home service on smaller TV's as the cost of an in home service call can easily be more than the cost of the TV.