Paris, Tennessee

I am a single mother of a two year old girl who sometimes likes to run off. One of the employees found her and returned her to the return desk and paged for me. I came right away and they told me that I need to be more careful and that children get distracted often when they see something they like. She also said this is not the first time it happened.

Well I was about to pay for my items and I was waiting in line when my daughter ran off again, she was found again. I heard the page but the line up was ten minutes long. The employee same person told me that I should not have waited ten minutes to claim my daughter and next time if my daughter is at the returns desk she will call the police.

She has no idea how active a toddler is and they don't always listen to you. I have a feeling they are retaliating against me because I wrote a complaint about being falsely accused of theft when I forgot to scan some items because the weight would not pick them up. Head office cotacted me and give me a $5000 gift card Again I was busy with a screamingtoddler and was not paying attention and did not realize that not all of the objects did not beep.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Comments

watch you kid lady!!!

You do know that there is a new invention out there that not too many people use to keep there kids in line........ its called a belt.

@Carty48

These days you cannot even spank your children without getting arrested for "abuse" a belt is really going to get her into trouble. At this other Walmart a child was caught stealing, he was about 11 years old, and when his parents left the store with him they were yelling at him and telling him he was disappointed' slapping him with reasonable force and someone called CPS and they gave the parents a warning for "verbal" and "physical" abuse.

I am not talking about calling the kid names or full fledge beating the kid I am talking about a small swat.

Then when your children are running around committing crimes they blame you for not disciplining them.

@Carty48

There is also an organization called CPS, you do that to your child and I will call them.

Definite troll letter that is neither funny or interesting. Beat it freak.

1 word......babysitter

Oh, you're on of those people that thinks it's everyone else's job to watch your kid while you shop. YOUR KID is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

If your kid keeps running off, YOU figure out how to fix that.

It's called being a parent. Step up.

First Born Triplet

I guess you have a point. I agree with the other posters that you should control your daughter, but to threaten to call the police because she did not listen to you and got lost is ridiculous. Then again when you were waiting in line you could have asked the person next to you to hold your spot because it was your child that was being paged, I am sure the people behind you will allow you back in your spot because they understand the circumstances.

@First Born Triplet

I agree with you and the OP calling the *** cups is a bit too much, too bad they did not call the cops, the cops would have charged the csm with making a face police call. If the cops were called every time a parent loses track of a child they would have been in the store 24/7.

Michelle when they threatened to call the cops you should have challenged them, they would not because they would be arrested for making a false police call. How many times have you heard a code adam.

Children get lost all the time, parents lose track of their children all the time, that is life. Calling the cops is a *** move.

@First Born Triplet

If they called the police it is because the mother is neglecting her child gee I hope you don't have kids, you are just as bad as Michelle. Same with Harris.

Anonymous is right. You do not let that happen, and frankly you should be glad that a caring person found your kid instead instead of a kidnapper or a murderer.

With a lot of theft happening like that, you can't blame one for thinking that. Your child is your responsibility.

Something bad could have happened to your child because of you and you're worried about somebody calling the cops. The employees have other stuff to do, you know.

@Guest188

I am not saying I am not responsible for my child, what I am saying is that they should not have threatened to call the police on me unless they put themselves in my shoes. The child was not listening and she was active, they had no right to threaten to call the police on me or lecture me about my parenting, most of them are teen college aged students and have no children of their own.

@Mic***e

How do you know that they don't have children? They are doing that for your child's safety.

You're lucky that they found your child. When you go into Walmart, you should look at the signs that say "Exploited and Missing Children". Might make you think twice about not putting your child in the buggy. Your child will not fall if she sits down or is buckled down.

Them calling the cops is MUCH better than you losing your child for good. What if someone found your child in the store unsupervised and then kidnapped your child? There are people that kill children as well.

That does happen. Don't think it can't happen to you and your child.

@Guest188

I notice those posters myself and most of those kids are kidnapped by the mother or the father because the parents are divorced. Also the perverts that kidnap children they usually kidnap them on the way home from school or camp, where there are not many people or cameras, Walmart has both many people and cameras.

@Mic***e

Losing your child twice in one visit is just bad parenting, however you look at it. Don't play the "poor me, I'm a single parent card" because other single parents handle their kids just fine.

Also, if your child is missing, you should have been actively looking for her, not standing in line. What if she had run out the front door into oncoming traffic or had run into a "stranger with candy"?

@donthavekids

Thank you! By the way, to the others, just because a child is kidnapped by their parents doesn't mean that they are safe.

There was an 8 year old girl that got abducted from the Jacksonville Walmart and the next day they found her but she was dead. That's NOTHING to take lightly, now is it? I didn't think so. There was also another incident where there was a 7 year old girl was fighting off a kidnapper right inside another Walmart.

She got away, but she was lucky.

Do you think a 2 year old would have just as much luck? Probably not.

@Mic***e

They weren't going to call the police because you lost your child, they were going to call the police because you lost your child TWICE in one visit, and from what the employees said, it wasn't the first time this had happened with you. There comes a point when its nor an honest mistake but neglect.

First Born Triplet
@Guest188

I think her child has a 1/2000000 chance of being picked up by a murderer or kidnapper, most kidnappings happen within the family.

@First Born Triplet

You are both right. Something bad can still happen. As you said, "1/2000000 chance".

So what are you complaining about? It isn't the WalMart employees job to baby sit your kid.

Keep the kid buckled into the shopping cart until you get to your car and then the kid won't be running all over the store unsupervised. I have raised two kids and when my grandkids were little there were times I would have a couple of them with me and believe me they weren't running all over the store.

They stayed right beside me. A two year old is too little and too young to be down on the floor running all over.