3.9K views

All,

Don’t take this the wrong way. I am a dog lover “but however” time and time again I’m beginning to see dogs entering into the local Wal-mart stores around the globe and they are not “Working Dogs” or “Service Dogs”. This has to stop, Saturday night August 16, 2014 at the Hinesville, GA location around 1130 p.m. four gentlemen walk into this location with a Bull Dog and no one approached them. I thought this was the purpose of having a greeter at each door to prevent things of this nature from occurring.

I’m not sure if anyone paying close attention to the small details that need to be taken at these stores anymore, but this really need some attention.

Comments

I love seeing cute dogs in the store whenver I go shopping. I wish that more people would shop with their dogs.

to TickleMeMcHomeless #1664311

This is about how people don’t allow dogs

walmart standards are pathetic and disgusting ... the lack of pet rules is disgusting --who cleans the shopping cart that pets ride in ?????

i have been going to walmart less and less because of nasty stuff like this ... big dogs little dogs alike dont belong in shopping carts that are meant for food for a "more normal person" ... HUGE HEALTH HAZARD ... then you go to the pet department finding an individual returning the pet bed from their cart that their pet just rode on while owner was shopping...

then try talking to a manager about issues or concern ...

quite entertaining ... prices are not all that when there's a whole lot more making a good shopping experience

to AKA #1644052

Who cleans the shoppin cart peoples kids ride in kids are way more messier that a dog

I have been in 3 different wallmart locations and all of them they were small doge in the carts that people but there food in when shopping.I thing that should be stopped the dogs could have flies or some type of medical problem

I don't think people should be *** about dogs being taken into walmart like its the end of the damn world! I think as long as they are well behaved & not vicious it shld be fine!

to Brittney M30 #1639771

health hazards ... do you clean the cart after letting your dog ride in cart where food is carried ...

to aka #1639847

Do you clean the cart after people allow their nasty kids to ride in the cart. Kids are just as nasty if not nastier than most of kids I see in stores.

Usually the people who take their dogs with them, take very good care of them. Including bathing and proper vaccinations.

WHY, I’m sure they let your bratty kids in. Most dogs are far better behaved.

#1620092

I was in Edmond I-35 WalMart today putting laundry soap in basket and felt something bumping my leg. Turned around and saw big black dog rubbing his head on my leg.

He had a six foot leash with a woman holding leash looking the other way.

I asked her very nicely to please control her dog and she started screaming at me. A real service dog does not rub his head on strangers legs.

You do kno you can get sued dfir asking someone to leave if they have a service dog or even asking em questions about the dog

Zachary2001
to Kindra #1620139

Ditto The other day I took my pitbull to the store. Yeah she was barking.

Her name is Mitsy. Well anyway as I was walking Mitsy down the aisles I overheard this one lady getting angry because they would not allow her to return this VHS which she bought 20 years ago. She did not have the receipt. She started swearing up a storm and I thought I she was a sailor.

Anyways then this LP dude comes up to me and tell me that Misty and I must leave the store as dogs are not allowed. I told him I understand, but keep in mind that you kicked the wrong *** out of the store.

to Kindra #1647762

Hi sorry i dont mean to be rude, i actually have a service animal you can ask if its a service animal and what tasks it does under federal law we have to answer to store employees. we most of the time reply to everyone bc if we dont then a store person will come up and ask anyway.

And it is actually pretty bothersome at least to me for when my dog was in training bc he had public access for training in my state but other dogs would come in and mess it up and it was really stressful on me especially since i suffer from disabilities.

It great to take a dog into pet friendly stores but most walmarts are in fact not pet friendly despite what the employees say, most domt know their policy look for a sign out front that says service animals welcome or something. Sorry if it came off as rude i was just informing and sugesting (and if your dog distracts or u interfere with a service dog its against the law so u could get sued if the handler was really upset)

to Kindra #1647763

And actually most handlers tend to go to not pet friendly stores incase an aggresive dog does something and they have to retire their dog after years of training (most train them themselves including me) and it leaves them to fight their disability on their own/or it triggers them bc the possibility of that happening

Many Walmart’s actually allow animals in the store as long as they’re not causing a disturbance. My fiancé works at Walmart and not one associate besides a manager can say anything to you anyways. I could understand if the pet was in the food section, that’s a little different, but if it’s in home and garden area there’s really no problem.

to JennT #1639447

In Russellville Arkansas, they let the nasty dogs in the food section and let them lick meat packages. Associates wont do anything because they are a bunch of lazy kids with no people skills.

Of course i don't mind that as much as the brats that walk in the door and stop for a few minutes while they get directions from their phones. Or when they have a gang sitting blocking the shopping carts from 8 pm till about 1 am.

Kids cant manage the store. Place is not what Sam wanted it to be anymore.

I was just in my local Wal Mart store this afternoon and there was this teenage teen girl carrying a dachsund puppy in a blanket. I'm a dog owner, (have 3 dogs) but I leave my dogs at home and don't take them with me when I go grocery shopping.

So as I walk by this girl, there's that smell of dog poop in the air and I'm thinking how unsanitary the whole situation was. Here's this girl with who knows how much poop on her hand touching groceries that other other shoppers (like yourself) might happen to touch if we came along unknowingly behind her. On checkout, I asked the clerk what their dog policy was and she said that actual Service Dogs were always welcomed and that people should not be bringing their pets inside the store.

Just a really gross and nasty experience. With the exception of true service dogs needed by the disabled, keep your skanky poop ridden dogs at home people.

I asked the manager how often they steam clean their shopping carts at Walmart. Answer, they get washed when it rains on them.I pointed out a very dirt mutt with *** on it's tail.He rolled his eyes and said "we are not allowed to ask, ever".I then asked, do you think the local health department would mind if I sent a picture of dirty dog.Answer, you should not be taking pictures in the store.With about $100 of food and goods in my cart, I told the manager it was all his to put away.Now it is a game with five or six boys and girls walking there dogs in Walmart at the same time.Is there a website called "The Dogs of Walmart"?

to Anonymous in Derry NH #1458124

I'd be more concerned about the handle of the cart that you are pushing after some kid has slobbered all over it. You're much more apt to get sick from touching that handle than putting groceries in the basket of a cart a dog sat in.

to Anonymous in Derry NH #1563723

Employees have lost their jobs For asking if that dog had paperwork, which you’re not required to carry with you anyways, why are you harassing someone over something they have no control over? And it is a rule at Walmart that you can’t take photos in there.