Hinesville, Georgia
4.5K views

All,

Don’t take this the wrong way. I am a dog lover “but however” time and time again I’m beginning to see dogs entering into the local Wal-mart stores around the globe and they are not “Working Dogs” or “Service Dogs”. This has to stop, Saturday night August 16, 2014 at the Hinesville, GA location around 1130 p.m. four gentlemen walk into this location with a Bull Dog and no one approached them. I thought this was the purpose of having a greeter at each door to prevent things of this nature from occurring.

I’m not sure if anyone paying close attention to the small details that need to be taken at these stores anymore, but this really need some attention.

Comments

@JennT

In Russellville Arkansas, they let the nasty dogs in the food section and let them lick meat packages. Associates wont do anything because they are a bunch of lazy kids with no people skills.

Of course i don't mind that as much as the brats that walk in the door and stop for a few minutes while they get directions from their phones. Or when they have a gang sitting blocking the shopping carts from 8 pm till about 1 am.

Kids cant manage the store. Place is not what Sam wanted it to be anymore.

I was just in my local Wal Mart store this afternoon and there was this teenage teen girl carrying a dachsund puppy in a blanket. I'm a dog owner, (have 3 dogs) but I leave my dogs at home and don't take them with me when I go grocery shopping.

So as I walk by this girl, there's that smell of dog *** in the air and I'm thinking how unsanitary the whole situation was. Here's this girl with who knows how much *** on her hand touching groceries that other other shoppers (like yourself) might happen to touch if we came along unknowingly behind her. On checkout, I asked the clerk what their dog policy was and she said that actual Service Dogs were always welcomed and that people should not be bringing their pets inside the store.

Just a really gross and nasty experience. With the exception of true service dogs needed by the disabled, keep your skanky *** ridden dogs at home people.

I asked the manager how often they steam clean their shopping carts at Walmart. Answer, they get washed when it rains on them.I pointed out a very dirt mutt with *** on it's tail.He rolled his eyes and said "we are not allowed to ask, ever".I then asked, do you think the local health department would mind if I sent a picture of dirty dog.Answer, you should not be taking pictures in the store.With about $100 of food and goods in my cart, I told the manager it was all his to put away.Now it is a game with five or six boys and girls walking there dogs in Walmart at the same time.Is there a website called "The Dogs of Walmart"?

@Anonymous in Derry NH

I'd be more concerned about the handle of the cart that you are pushing after some kid has slobbered all over it. You're much more apt to get sick from touching that handle than putting groceries in the basket of a cart a dog sat in.

@Anonymous in Derry NH

Employees have lost their jobs For asking if that dog had paperwork, which you’re not required to carry with you anyways, why are you harassing someone over something they have no control over? And it is a rule at Walmart that you can’t take photos in there.

Dogs are not kids. Dogs in any place that sells food products, should not be allowed inside.

Food safety issue, FDA should "pounce" on this with the rules. Exception, service dogs.

Dogs are sniffing the food bringing in fleas,wafaqr ticks and quite franking they do *** workers and customers. This is a safety issue and cleanliness issue.

@Anonymous

No exceptions a dog is a dog. Stick by your rules or don't make them at all.

My dog has separation issues and it makes it difficult to do the shopping when she is not allowed in the store, she is cleaner than most people and smarter too so I think that if they say service pets can go into the grocery store then what the *** is the difference? Don't be an idiot now think logically, tagging a dog with some name and giving it special rules doesn't change it from being a dog.

@Anonymous

You are really a crazy person you need helpppppppp

I don't mind dogs in stores, some of them are more behaved in public. You see I bought my dog Misty in the store.

She was well behaved. Yet there was a customer complaining about how she wanted to make a return a year after she bought clothing. She claimed it no longer fit her child.

Misty was kicked out of the store and she was not. You see they kicked the wrong *** out of the store.

When some bring in their PITTBULL then it would be a issue. But wait is a Service dog.

Is well behaved are they still going to kick Them out because this breed of dog has a bad reputation.

And people are Scare Of them. I am a dog lover I always had and have large dog but I don't Agree With bring dogs in to stores except a pet store.

A dog is a dog SERVICE or NOT......

@Anonymous

Do you know there is a law that allow people to bring their service dogs everywhere? Just research before you post comments.

I hope the dog pees in the aisle and someone slips aand sues them for a large amount. That's how we get traffic lights, after enough people die at an intersection.

Dogs in a grocery store are unsanitary and an unnecessary risk. Sick of being politically correct to the point of losing my rights as a consumer.

If someone has a well behaved dog, what's the problem with a store allowing them to enter? Sounds like you're *** for no reason.

If a dog bites you, that's one reason to be in an uproar about this, but you didn't say anything about a negative interaction with the dog. Let it be.

@Anonymous

Yes that's the attitude, lets wait until the dog bites a small child to act! If someone want to put they're little **** dog in their purse, whatever.

But nobody needs to be bringing a large animal into a Walmart.

Anybody can say their dog is safe - it doesn't mean they are. And why risk having to put the dog down if it does *** someone?

@Anonymous

Asthma- your well behaved dog could kill via asthma attack. The germs spread by your dog could cause sickness to others with immunodeficiencies. Think about the whole picture, this is not about what YOU want.

@Lynn

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. With your logic these people will die going outside where ALL the other animals in the world are.

They might as well just lock themselves in their houses. Other than that, people who are allergic arent going to be bothered by a dog having been in a store.

I have family members with animal allergies and they can have dogs walk by them and they're perfectly fine. No ones going to let their dogs jump all over random strangers.

@Anonymous

When I was in a privately run nuthouse when I was 14 because I refused to go to school, my Social Worker suggested having somebody from the hospital accompany me to school everyday and handcuff me to the desk in each of my high-school classrooms. My mama said that the other kids would really be teasing me then.

@Anonymous

With a 10 foot leash. How dumb is that. Sounds like your the one who needs to be on a leash

One guy complained about not being able to bring his gun inside a walmart on another review and you are complaining about people bringing in dogs. Oh and before Kevin Richards makes any smart comments.(and I hate him) this was a joke.