239 views
3.0

January 4th: Ordered an item online for in-store pickup. It was not an item normally stocked at my local Walmart.

Estimated ready on January 16th after 6:00 PM.

January 16th @ 5:44 PM got an email: Pickup Order Delayed.

No new pickup date.

January 17th @ 8:58 PM another email: Item delayed please, accept our apologies... Estimated pickup date January 20th after 6 PM.

January 20th @ 6:52 PM email: Your order is ready for pickup.

January 21st @ 6:30 AM: Tried to pick up order. Kiosk hours 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM but kiosk monitor said 'See associate for assistance outside normal hours'. Asked two different associates.

Both refused to help and said I had to come back during normal pickup hours.

January 21st @ 7:30 PM: Went to kiosk. Wouldn't read the bar code on my phone. Entered the last four of the order number. Monitor said: 'Checked in...watch progress on the hanging monitor'...um...what hanging monitor?

Waited 5 minutes. Pressed the 'Help' button on the monitor. Waited 5 minutes. Pressed the 'Help' button again.

Waited...

Went to the Customer Service desk and asked for help. Customer service went into room next door. Came back out: "They're busy but will be right with you. If you don't see them in a few minutes knock on the door to remind them".

Somebody eventually came out with my item, apologized for the delay.

I could have ordered this on Amazon and had it delivered in two days to a nearby Amazon locker where I can walk in 24 hours a day 7 days a week, show the bar code, the door pops open and I walk away with my item without ever standing in line, waiting or dealing with 'busy' employees. This is how and why Amazon will get all my business from now on.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Location: 705 College Blvd, Oceanside, CA 92057

Comments

How sad is it that Walmart pays people 8$ an hour to risk there lives in those crisis. Walmart is probably making more money this month then ever before and 8$ an hour employees are the front line.

I wonder if someone gets sick if they will pay there medical bills or if someone dies will the get life insurance what about if someone gets sick at work and takes it home to there family.

How could this be possible. This is why amazon is king

now walmart has a tower, only problem is the package 60 percent of the time isnt in it, you have to wait on someone to get package. after all that your out of store in about 45 minutes.

ive found that getting my package at grocery pickup works best. they dont like it but they still carry out my package.

@PissedConsumer1816041