have grown accustomed to sub-par customer service at Wal-Mart. The lines are always long, the Fort Union, Utah store actually stinks, the cashiers are not knowledgeable or friendly and the shelves always need to be stocked. I get this--It's Walmart. Expectations have been set low.

However the Fort Union, Utah location has hit all-time low. Last night I went in looking for a birthday gift for my partner. I decided to give the gift of a photo of his grandmother printed on canvas. Out of the 3 kiosks to order this print only one was working. I wanted patiently in line to get my print ordered. I finally did what I thought was going to be a one-hour turn around.

"Fine--it's early evening the promised 9:00 would be okay." I thought. I then went to pay for it but a huge sign was posted on the photo register that said, "our debit machine is down, cash only". I had to go to the electronics section to pay for my photo."

When on my lunch today I drive 5 miles to this Walmart and hurry back to the Photo Department. In front of me in line is a woman who is having balloons filled with helium.

The clerk who was filling the balloons took 10 minutes to fill four balloons without even acknowledging that I was in line. Some of the balloons that were being filled had holes in them. He just threw them onto the floor and asked the woman for another one. He then told her she was going to have to pay for all of the balloons, Walmart’s faulty product.

It was my turn in line and I told him I was there for the canvas print. He looked around and picked up a bag that had the photo in it and sheepishly said, "I thought that was a poster".

Frustrated I said, "Fine. I'll come back later".

I'm done. After picking up the picture I am going to out of my way NOT to shop at Walmart. What a crock.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

What was the problem?

Do not hesitate to call the 1-800 walmart customer service number and give them a full detail of your complaint as well as names of associates/employees, this is the only way they will know what is going on in their stores. Poor ignorant Anonymous cares or else why even comment..thanks for the laugh! :grin

So what who cares that you are done with "WalMart".I am sure they will "Miss You.

I guess you are done with Wal-Mart huh? :grin