249 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Purchased a Walmart giftcard on 12/24/19 with a balance of $71.57. Right after the transaction i continued my stay in walmart to shop.

I checked out and ended with a balance of 38.40.. A couple hours passed and i realized i forgot something at walmart and went back to purchase it for dinner. Went to check out and was told i didnt have funds on my card. At this time the back scratch off area havent been yet scrached off yet because i didnt need to in order to check out however after the denial at the register i went straight to customer service for a now 2nd time on this day.

Was told they couldn't do anything about it and that it showed my card used at ANOTHER walmart location. How in the *** can someone use my card when i have the physical card in my possession and i only purchased this card a couple of hours ago. I didnt give my pin out or give anyone the card for that matter. Long story short i called the customer service number on the back of my card and was told to provide original receipt and pics of card front and back.Did that and submitted by email.

Was told it would take 5- 7 business days to receive funds back.I followed up to make sure my information was received and they confirmed it had been. 5- 7 days went to 8- 10 days and then they closed my ticket stating i would NOT receive my funds back without no explanation at all..

Its a bunch of bs and time wasted dealing with walmart. Do NOT purchase gift cards there because your funds are NOT protected.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Reason of review: Compromised Walmart Gift Card.

Location: 6360 Lake Worth Blvd, Lake Worth, TX 76135

Comments

I think that next time they stop me at the door and ask for my receipt that just for fun, I'll start running away like a Jack-Rabbit and see if they are able to catch me.

Pulled the same crap on me which is why I don’t buy gift cards there anymore. Disputed the *** out it as to why my stolen funds weren’t returned to my card.

Never got anywhere.

Lost that money which was 50.00 dollars and another one for 25.00. So no more gift cards from them ever!

Walmart Reviews