2.6
Layout of Store

I noticed a duplicate charge on my credit card and called Walmart.com to inquire about it. Before calling, I tried to compare information in my Order History against my credit card statement.

Only one charge matched exactly. Due to the way they bill, it is impossible to match charges that appear on your credit card statement with orders on the Walmart.com website. The customer service representative could not figure it out either and told me to dispute the charge. CapitalOne credited me the amount and requested information from Walmart.com.

Walmart.com responded with what looked like a statement printout with such small font that it could not be read. CapitalOne rebilled me automatically upon receiving response from the merchant without investigating the contents of the statement. I called CapitalOne, they pulled up the Walmart statement and could not read it either. I was told to respond with a letter and continue to dispute the charge.

I decided to call Walmart.com a second time as a customer asking them to explain the charge. The customer service representative could not find an order that could have been linked to the charge. I asked to speak to the Billing department. She said that she had to be authorized to transfer me there and told me to dispute the charge again.

She said that I could not speak with the billing department directly and that my bank was the only entity who could do so. I explained my frustration as a customer noting that I was owed an explanation from the place where I made a purchase and insisted on being put through to the Billing Department.

I was put on hold briefly and was hung up on. At this time, my only option is to redispute the charge.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Walmart Cons: Customer srvice.

• Duplicate Billings
  • Duplicate Charge

Comments

h.kitchener

Dispute the charge again. If again denied, then appeal the denial.

In the meantime, look up the dispute/appeal process on your card's website or call them and ask for a written brochure explaining the process, etc.

Remember, you are dealing with WalMart! About time to shop elsewhere, is it not?