Walmart - E-gift card

Update added by user Jun 18, 2013

Well, it took 2 days they finally emailed my son the information needed to redeem the card.

If the delivery time is 48 hours that is what they should put on the description online. I would have been fine with that because I would have sent the money he needed though a different method.

I learned a lesson and will never trust Walmart again.

Original review posted by user Jun 17, 2013

Website states the recipient will receive within minutes usually, it has been over 24 hours and still nothing they took my money immediately out of my account but still have not sent the card information to my son who is in a different city waiting for money he needed .I complained to Walmart customer service who sent back a generic response to my email.

Well it has been 24 hours and still nothing, they just keep saying it is processing?

what is there to process send the email you sent me two already???

This is absolutely a rip off!Do not trust the website or Walmart.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 37 Yes 37 9 No 9
Had the same issue 91 Yes 91
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 24 #1189211 Chicago, Illinois

This is an employee.Stop Lying!

0 1 Reply
Yea right

Jul 24 #1189207 Chicago, Illinois

I just had the same problem. They are seriously full of it. No need to explain because you explained everything.

Feb 01 #1104710

SAME HERE!! I E-Delivery some Playstation Cards and Itune Cards electronically through Email but it took them 1-2 days when they say it should take no longer than 4 hours on their site!!! I did this more than 6 times to make sure it isn't just me again but it's still the same!! Quite upset, only reason why I choose walmart to get my e-delivery is because I have my Associate discount for cheaper price. But other than that, When I tried out Amazon, like 3 times before, and it literally took less than 5minute and I received it!!! WOW I was amazed I order 2 separate card from these two site at same time to see which is faster, apparantly I got all my e-delivery cards way sooner than Walmart did. That's my only complaint for e-delivery.

Jan 21 #1098810

I,Registered to win a $1000 dollar gift card ,the company project was ,24 hrs.,I,even asked feedback ,no response ,what's wrong ,the Employee ,can't Read .

0 0 Reply

Jan 22 #1098938

It is not that they cannot read, it is that you cannot write a sentence properly. Why do you have to use so many comma's? People generally cannot read something that is not in proper English.

3 0 Reply

Jan 04 #1088908

USUALLY within minutes. USUALLY. It can take longer during the holidays to process online payments. USUALLY. It is not a scam.

3 1 Reply

Jan 02 #1087414

I was sent one but when I went to use it at the store it was refused.

Nov 25, 2015 #1069673

It probably went into his or your SPAM folder!

2 1 Reply

Nov 17, 2015 #1065054

I have learned my lesson this is about the 4th egift card that I have had issues with .. I get blank emails ... And always have to speak to a higher personel to get the issue resolved ... It was a whole 5 days online before I finally got it ... I try and give a company a fair shake and let them redeem themselves ... But when I order something by email I shouldn't have to wait a week or even 48 hrs to get it ... When Amazon does it in 2 minutes. Never Again !!!! You have lost a customer !!!

1 1 Reply

Jul 12, 2015 #1006502

same thing happened to me and the web service customer support was useless. I was able to cancel my order (worth $200) too bad for Walmart!

Jun 14, 2015 #995153

This is kiting and fraud operation engineered by WalMart to make extra float on your money and launder it as genuine revenue to pad their books! I had the same. I paid CASH for a gift and made an order at They cancelled the order within MINUTES yet are still holding the money hostage 13 hours later! They also cited "security" as the issue. The only fraud I see is going on on THEIR end!
It's interesting that money they claim isn't good enough to buy products from their site, yet it's perfectly good enough to earn a float from what they are claiming are fraudulent funds! I'm pretty sure there is a RICO violation somewhere in there! The FTC seriously needs to look into this scam and SHUT IT DOWN!

10 3 Reply

Jun 15, 2015 #995201 Mannford, Oklahoma

You can't deny that you get butthurt when someone down votes your comment. Think maybe you just like to create drama? There comes a time where a person needs to grow up.

2 4 Reply

May 04, 2015 #979924

Same bs. I called and they told me it will be within 48 hours that it's a security issue. Well, verify the information and issue it!

8 2 Reply
Nicholas Brush

Dec 05, 2014 #911218

ICC Mortgage And financial Services,Is a sincere and certified private Loan company approved by the Government,we give out international and local loans to all countries in the world,Amount given out $2,500 to $100,000,000 Dollars, Euro and Pounds.We offer loans with a dependable guarantee to all of our clients. Our loan interest rates are very low and affordable with a negotiable duration.
Available now
Available now..
Apply for a loan today with your loan amount and duration, Its Easy and fast to get. 4% interest rates and monthly installment payments. {} Regards, Nicholas Brush

1 22 Reply

Oct 15, 2014 #885272

I've never had any issue ordering wal-mart gift cards. Normally they are sent to my email within 2 minutes of ordering. The longest I ever waited was about 15 minutes.

7 8 Reply

May 09, 2015 #981993

How nice for you! Congrats. Unfortunately some of us have had this happen twice now.

8 1 Reply

Oct 04, 2014 #879840 Wyoming, United States

I bought a gift card for my granddaughter on 09/30. It's now 10/04 and still no e-mailed gift card as promised by Walmart. My bank account shows it paid out the $50.00 for the card on 09/30. I think Walmart is defrauding gullible folks. I will be making a call to our state's attorney general on Monday to give them a report on this interstate commerce violation.

8 5 Reply

Feb 07, 2015 #942579 Harbin, Heilongjiang

Hopefully you followed on your report to your State Attorney. My advice to anyone who even mentions Wal-Mart is, "Drop everything and rush over there if you are anxious to get stiffed." Mal-Wart is despicable and infamous in that they make every effort to stiff their suppliers, employees, customers, etc.; they are Masters at what they do.

7 2 Reply

Apr 09 #1141937

Its not actually Walmart, its the scummy employees they hire. I have had the same problem with Lowes and Home Depot. I am not being racists but I would be willing to bet the ones doing the scamming are Black.. Get mad if like, but the truth is the truth. Wake up people This world has been going to *** for years because of Affirmative Action. Read about it. Make yourself knowledgeable. Get your heads out of the sand and realize the truth of whats happening.

0 3 Reply

1-20 of 47 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.