Putnam, Connecticut
32.4K views

I took my 11 year old daughter to get her ears pierced. she chose a pair that came with a free necklace with purchase.

the associate put the dots on her ears, put earings in the gun,when she put gun to my daughter ear and pressed the earing went through her ear and bent. Not only did my daughter endure pain but has to wait for the hole to close before trying to get it done again!

This experience has also frightened her from getting them pierced at all. I feel that these earings should not be allowed to be sold or advertised.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Piercing.

Comments

I had my daughters ears pierced when she was 5 yrs old at Walmart. They have earrings meant to used just for piercing.

You can see them online if you look. Surgical steel hypoallergenic and they have a point on the end. These earrings do not come with necklaces that I know of... I cannot imagine why the Walmart Employee would use a cheap earring in the piercing gun.

If she told you , and you insisted.she still should not have done the piercing. I wish you luck and hope your daughter heals quickly.

Walmart is horrible for ear oiercings they messed up my babies ear by piercing it in the wrong place and ruined the earring! So angry they get certified but I don’t think they really know what there doing! Horrible experience and so upset

Well maybe she was moving to much

That’s ur fault u shouldn’t have taken her to Walmart

@Anonymous

It doesnt matter about the store because some employeers at walmart was trained to do the job so its either she has to buy real earrings or get her daughter ear checked.

That’s you’re fault for buying cheep earrings

Omg so sorry for your daughter how hold is she now

My 16 yo daughter went lastnight to have ears pierced. WM did it.

I wasn’t there. I did not give my consent. And it’s obvious, ID was not checked. I am one ticked off momma.

Disappointed in daughter because I would have gladly given my consent, if she’d asked me, but mostly angry with WM for allowing this and breaking the law. WM violated my parental rights....and that’s a line no one has the right to cross!

@MommaAintHappy

If she is 16 then technically she did not need your consent in about 99% of the states the legal age of consent is 16 so in reality your just an overbearing idiot.

@Anonymous

Your the idiot for calling a mom such. Each parent has a right to raise their child as they see fit as long as they are acting in the best interest for their child. I don't care what the so-called law says, 16 is certainly NOT an adult and should have asked permission from her mom.

FragrantNumbat
@Matt

Do you not know how to read? I suggest that you learn how to read before calling people idiots.

No where did they state that at 16 years old they should not need their parents permission. Just they do not. Learn how to read before calling someone an idiot. No where did they state that the 16 year old is an adult.

Just what the law stated. I guess you are the real idiot.

@Matt

The mother mentioned it being against the law. If it isn’t against the law then she shouldn’t say it’s against the law. That’s the point.

@Anonymous

Depends on the state guidelines....most are actually 18 with id required... PARENTAL permission AND presence REQUIRED otherwise

@Anonymous

I guess that Georgia is that 1% because here you have to be 18 without parental consent even for lobes. My husband is a body modification artist so we are familiar with the laws. The mother is right to be concerned about her not being of age and her going to Walmart for piercings period, it’s a preventable infection waiting to happen.

ransom
@Anonymous

https://www.urbanbodyjewelry.com/blog/how-old-do-i-need-to-be-to-get-pierced/ Here is a list of the requirements by state for tattoos and piercings. It appears that ear piercings without parental consent at is allowed in most states.

Other piercings and tattoo's are a different thing. This does not mean that a parent can't forbid a kid from piercing without their consent.

This just addresses the actual law. I don't know why ear piercings have different requirements but apparently they do legally.

@Anonymous

Your such a *** u can give ur opinion without throwing salt in the wound by being a inconsiderate ***

Liar, under age 18 needs parents consent

Not for everything

I agree

@Anonymous

In Florida you have to be 18 with ID or have a parents consent to get your ears pierced. However are you sure she didn't just purchase the earnings and pierced them herself but claimed WM did it to get the attention off her more? Just asking.