Putnam,Connecticut
25.5K views

I took my 11 year old daughter to get her ears pierced. she chose a pair that came with a free necklace with purchase.

the associate put the dots on her ears, put earings in the gun,when she put gun to my daughter ear and pressed the earing went through her ear and bent. Not only did my daughter endure pain but has to wait for the hole to close before trying to get it done again!

This experience has also frightened her from getting them pierced at all. I feel that these earings should not be allowed to be sold or advertised.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Piercing.

Comments

That’s you’re fault for buying cheep earrings

Omg so sorry for your daughter how hold is she now

My 16 yo daughter went lastnight to have ears pierced. WM did it.

I wasn’t there. I did not give my consent. And it’s obvious, ID was not checked. I am one ticked off momma.

Disappointed in daughter because I would have gladly given my consent, if she’d asked me, but mostly angry with WM for allowing this and breaking the law. WM violated my parental rights....and that’s a line no one has the right to cross!

to MommaAintHappy #1471704

If she is 16 then technically she did not need your consent in about 99% of the states the legal age of consent is 16 so in reality your just an overbearing idiot.

to Anonymous #1542356

Your the idiot for calling a mom such. Each parent has a right to raise their child as they see fit as long as they are acting in the best interest for their child. I don't care what the so-called law says, 16 is certainly NOT an adult and should have asked permission from her mom.

to Anonymous #1561355

Depends on the state guidelines....most are actually 18 with id required... PARENTAL permission AND presence REQUIRED otherwise

NEVER get your ears pierced by ANYONE that uses a GUN! It doesn't matter if its Walmart or Claires.Go to your local tattoo/piercing parlor & make sure you ask if they use NEEDLES. Guns are much more likely to cause tissue damage, especially to children's ears as they force the earring into the ear.

Debny55

100 dollars for earrings and a necklace? And the necklace was free?

Unless the gun was faulty, or the earrings were not starter earrings I don't see how this could have happened. Starter earrings are thicker than regular post earrings to insure that other earrings will easily go through.

They also have a sharp pointed end so it will go through the ear with little pain. I'm sorry your Daughter had to endure this, and I hope she gets over her fear.

Ames, Iowa, United States #964914

I agree... walmart is a terrible place for a peircing ....

the girls are not trained at all. They are no more than a sale person, at best! My granddaughters had a horrible experience. the walmart sales associate/peircing expert mixed up their earings, missed the correct placement of the earring, and to top it off.

. The matching necklace wasn't even either of their birthstones!

!! DO NOT GO TO WALMART FOR PEIRCINGS!!!

to Anonymous Fullerton, California, United States #1280306

Before calling women over the age of 18 girls perhaps you should work on your grammar? This looks like something written by a fourth grader.

to MakeMyDay2016 #1518927

Having a bad day?

FragrantNumbat
to Vicki #1592404

No one is having a bad day. The person making the post is correct.

The employee is most likely over 18 and therefore a grown woman. One who has the education of a nine year old should not be calling adults girls.

Debny55
to Anonymous #1384194

I don't know about where you live, but when we got my Granddaughter's ears pierced, we had to come back another day because the person who did all the ear piercings, wasn't there that day. Why didn't you check the birthstones before they started?

How did you know the earrings were mixed up unless the starter post earrings had birthstones in them since most starter posts are gold? How or why were BOTH packages opened at the same time, since this is the only way they could have been mixed up? If they were mixed up, couldn't you have changed the mismatched earrings during the cleaning process? If not, it isn't like that would be the end of the world.

In fact, in this age when mismatched socks and other oddly matched clothing trends abound, that might have made your Granddaughters look cool at school.

Unless the person being pierced moved, it would be hard to miss the placement marks. It seems to me that perhaps the person who should have been checking these things is the one who messed up, not the poor "girl" who did the piercing.

to Anonymous #1481193

I have 4 peircings on each of my ears and I’ve had them all done at Walmart. I haven’t had any issues, and all my sisters had theirs done there as infants and have never had a bad experience at Walmart.

I have 7 piercings in one ear and 5 in the other. My 3 holes in my lobe have all been done at Wal-Mart.

I never had a problem with earrings bending. Also, at the same time, they make piercing starter earrings for a reason. I have never seen starter earrings come with a Necklace. The earrings at our Wal-Mart here are always 14K Gold plated.

Your Wal-Mart clearly sucks and needs to advise employees on training. You can't call an 11-year-old girl anything for getting her ears pierced. I had my first at 2, 2nd at 10, 3rd at 15, Cartlidge at 19 (both ears), Tragus at 18 (both ears), and a double forward Helix that I just got this year at an age I'm not giving.

Deal with it people, but calling a child any kind of name shows how cold-hearted you are. I will pray for you kids!

to Dealwithit #1126011

did you grt your tragus done at walmart im not sure how they will do but uts always been good out come

Just listen. I have had my ears pierced 47 times in one whole cuz it kept closing from walmart.

I have had employes give me dirty looks, be disrespectful to me.

It's life live with. Get over it's done

to Raina #1280185

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of walmart messing up if your hole kept closing that's the aftercare which was you. I've never had a problem with walmart

to Raina #1384404

You suck at spelling

to Raina #1408691

47 times really?!,! lmao!!47 times really!!!???'lmao!!!

47 times, really!!!??? lmbo!