Orlando, Florida
7.7K views

I have been using my ebt card at Walmart and last week made a big purchase of all food at a local store. At the end of the transaction I was asked to pay $8.00 in cash for what should have all been food covered by the ebt card.

So as not to appear rude and hold up the line I just used my debit card and paid the additional. I went to customer service and the rep was unable to tell me why I was charged this amount. So as not to be late for an appointment I had I left and chalked it up as another Walmart experience. Well last night I went to Walmart to purchase tartar sauce and used the ebt card and was advised was not covered.

I asked the cashier why and she stated I would need to contact ebt card issuer and maybe the item was non-essential. First of all why would I contact ebt card issuer when Walmart would be the one to code item for purchase and how can she say it was non-essential item....it is food item!!

I am sick of Walmart being the bully....end of me spending money there. I know one person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start as I see it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

#1720292

IT IS RACISM, I TELL YOU!

ObsoleteGiantClam432
#1719613

Whether tarter sauce is covered or not, just be glad you are getting anything for free. You are not using your money to get the food.

#1719037

You're to contact ebt not Walmart.

#1719206
@Anonymous

If they got a job they would not have this issue in the first place. These people and their entitlement issues.They think that everything should be handed down to them and that they are not required to pay a dime.

Tarter sauce is not covered with EBT. IF she wants tarter sauce she should get a job so she can afford to pay for it. Tarter sauce is a non-essential.

As for the OP no one is bullying you. They are sick and tired of people like you who think that you should be given everything for free.

#1719349
@PartialEmu

You know a lot of service members...army...navy....air force...marines....coast guard ..etc are on food stamps.Our country does not even pay those who protect us a decent wage. So next time you see someone using that card think maybe they do have a job Their job is protecting us.Have some respect.

#1582042

Sometimes the food item is not maked as “food” in the system like it should be. All the supervisor has to do, is void off the food item not marked with an “F” beside it and refund you, then re-ring it after modifying it as a food item (there’s a button for this) as long as it’s not hot prepared food from deli, and not preworkout food in pharmacy you should be totally fine.

I've had that happen a few things and all it took to correct it was a customer service mgr. They can manually type it in.

GuiltlessLizard

I notice this too...things that are covered by EBT are not at Walmart....basically they are adding more and more to the list of not covered... I don't shop there anymore...as the same items can be bought with EBT at Ingles, Food Lion, Corner stores, Bilo, etc.

#1719208
@GuiltlessLizard

How about get a job so you can afford those items? Funny how you have money for internet access but not enough to buy food.

I am glad they are adding more more items that are not covered. Maybe this will teach you entitled leaches to get a job and earn your food.

#1719351
@PartialEmu

She probably does have a job.That is the sad part.You cannot even make it if you have two full time jobs in this country anymore.It is sad but that is the way it is now.Have some compassion and empathy for people.Be kind.

Half the time I try to use the self checkout anymore it tells me my ebt balance is zero when it’s not. Walmart sucks!

#1719209
@DoneWithWalmart

There is an easy way to solve that problem. Get a job so you don't have to worry about EBT.

#1719706
@PartialEmu

Maybe they have two jobs.You have no idea how their life is.Maybe they give of their time and are a foster parent.Maybe in order to stay alive they have to buy meds and that takes all the money.Maybe they are old served in the war and if they did not have help they would starve.Maybe they serve their country now and because of that they are poor.Many have jobs. Maybe they lost everything in a fire.Who are you to judge these people.Wait until it happens to you.

When I see someone dressed well with a manicure and nice hair use an EBT card I report them. I work and and won't be paying for manicures and wigs for anyone.

@Worker

So everyone with an EBT card has to look homeless? And no, you don't report them, how would you know their name?

No one is going to give a complete stranger their name, just because they asked. Nice attempt at trying to come off as a bad@ss though, lol.

Love you!

#1719211
@Anonymous

The whole point is if they can afford a manicure they can do not need to feed themselves. They could use that money on food.

Hater

@Worker

The money for ebt comes from farmers' taxes. Only farmers. Moron.

@Worker

I have extremely nice clothes, a nice car that is paid for, and had a full time job until struck by a hit and run driver, which has been an ordeal, involving surgeries, physical therapy, being replaced at my job and nowhere near enough money for all the needs of my household. Do u really think u should judge me? Judge not least ye be judged also