5.2K views

I have been using my ebt card at Walmart and last week made a big purchase of all food at a local store.At the end of the transaction I was asked to pay $8.00 in cash for what should have all been food covered by the ebt card.

So as not to appear rude and hold up the line I just used my debit card and paid the additional. I went to customer service and the rep was unable to tell me why I was charged this amount. So as not to be late for an appointment I had I left and chalked it up as another Walmart experience. Well last night I went to Walmart to purchase tartar sauce and used the ebt card and was advised was not covered.

I asked the cashier why and she stated I would need to contact ebt card issuer and maybe the item was non-essential. First of all why would I contact ebt card issuer when Walmart would be the one to code item for purchase and how can she say it was non-essential item....it is food item!!

I am sick of Walmart being the bully....end of me spending money there.I know one person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start as I see it.

Review about: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

When I see someone dressed well with a manicure and nice hair use an EBT card I report them. I work and and won't be paying for manicures and wigs for anyone.

to Worker #1402717

So everyone with an EBT card has to look homeless?And no, you don't report them, how would you know their name?

No one is going to give a complete stranger their name, just because they asked.Nice attempt at trying to come off as a bad@ss though, lol.

You didn't lose anything except a hit to your pride. CONTACT THE EBT issuer not Walmart for Godsakes.

Just something to think about....the cashier has zero control for how Walmart codes products for purchase.

Also laws and what's allowed to be purchased on EBT/SNAP can vary by state, therefore it's not even a corporate issue.

It's a merchandising supervisor issue.Cashiers don't have the authorization and override ability as some think.

Layton, Utah, United States #1264016

I have a full time job while my wife stays home taking care of our twin 5 year olds.With bills that we have to pay and rent.

It is hard and cant afford to pay for food and bills with one person working. We dont know her situation. If tarter sauce is listed as nutritional facts in the back it is suppose to be used for food stamp, and if there is an error in the system it just needs to be fixed. Maybe she was tight on funds and cant spend the money.

For the people that look down on people that have food stamp you dont know until you are there. I think that's the problem with you people that have money, you have a different mindset, you think the low class are being lazy and bumming it and trying to get free ***. That can be the case for some but not all. Low-income struggle every month to try to pay for the necessity's.

But all you rich people aren't in their shoes so of course you would think that of them.

Live a life of low income and you will know.Maybe read a book of "the prince and the pauper" so that maybe it can shed some light to you people that are so arrogant and ignorant.

Also to those saying EbT doesn't cover Tatar sauce, Bull hockey!Yes it does!

I've seen people buy energy drinks and *** like junk food with it. I've bought Tatar sauce as well as all kinds of other condiments with ebt! Walmart is just ridiculous! They are ripping people off because they don't get certain amount when people use foodstamps.

Suck it up butter cup!

Walmart made the choice to offer ebt use!It's not mandatory for a store to offer it!

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1199602

Thank you for speaking up.Walmart did the same to me and it's a relieve to see that I'm not alone.

As for the vultures that are ready to devour: FYI, my husband worked his b*tt off since he was 16 years old.

20 years of flawless experience, never got promoted because he was not rubbing elbows with the "right" people, did the job of all the incompetent and inexperienced personnel that his company was keep on hiring for a cheap change until his body already ridden by diabetes could not take it anymore and he suffered Bells Palsy that left him legally blind and he not even 40 years old!

Now that he is getting food stamps it is not you,the crowd, who is paying for it.

It is his own tax money pay that he has been paying all these years pay for it, now that he is disabled (even though most of people around him don't realize that this 6ft tall young guy in sunglasses can't see their faces).

Word of advice: don't try to shame others.You never know if, righteous in your own eyes, you may end up being ashamed for picking on the vulnerable.

And as always: God Bless and stay safe in the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Not_the_0P
to Anonymous Benicia, California, United States #1199689

If someone thinks the should get more than they are entitled to they deserve to be shamed.Tarter sauce and other things are not covered on EBT.

People like the OP expect everything for free. Things they are not entitled to.

The OP has internet access.She could use that money to pay for tarter sauce and other things she thinks she is entitled to, The nerve of her complaining because she had to pay for tarter sauce, she should be embarrassed and ashamed.

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1199597

Thank you for speaking up.Walmart did the same to me and it's a releave to see that I'm not alone.

20 years of flawless experience, never got promoted because he was not rubbing elbows with the "right" people, did the job of all the incompetent and unexperieced personal that his company was keep on hiring for a cheap change until his body already ridden by diabetes could not take it anymore and he suffered Bells Palsy that left him legaly blind and he not even 40 years old!

It is his own tax money pay that he has been paying for all these years pay for it, now that he is disabled (eventhough most of people around him don't realize that this 6ft tall young guy in sunglasess can't see their faces).

Word of advice: don't try to shame others.You never know if righeous in your own eyes you may end up being ashamed for pickin on the vulnerable.

And as always: God Bless and stay safe in the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Not_the_0P
to Anonymous Benicia, California, United States #1199690

It is not Walmart or any other store you go to that did that. While your husband's situation is unfortunate they just go by what the government allows you to get on EBT card.