I have a wife and step-daughter that I have to support

and with only 8 hours scheduled weekly starting in April

of next month, I can't survive. What will I tell my Mortgager that I can't pay because I am down to 8 hours a week or any bill for that matter. Even with unemployment it's not enough. I have been working for

4 years at the company and up to Christmas 2017, I was

working 32 hours as a part time employee. Now this. I think it's unfair. I would like to have some of the 32 hours restored. More then 15 and up to 25. I think I have some seniority working for the company now. I was

thinking of trying to get full time work. Want to make out a availability sheet also.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Comments

AliveElk637

I don't know if this helps, but I've had some challenges myself in recent years because of needing to work from the home due to a change in family responsibilities. Most online jobs I found either paid so poorly they weren't even minimum wage, or were customer service (not for me), or were situations where I was competing for the position with people from all over the world.

But eventually I spied a job on careerbuilder.com that was perfect for me. It could be done from home, paid $15/hour, and was limited to U.S. citizens. I've been doing it for almost two years now, and I really like it.

My point is this. Even though I was doubtful I'd EVER find work that was suited to me and that paid a decent wage, I kept looking and never gave up. These days there's something out there for everyone.

And there's certainly more than one company. Keep the faith.

Having worked in retail my guess is that you have one of two problems. One might be that you don't have an availability that matches their need.

If so, open up your availability. The other could be that they have other employees that are more productive than you are and the hours are being given to them.

Are you the type of person that is always looking for things to do in order to stay productive or do you stand around waiting for someone to tell you what to do? If you are just standing around waiting for someone to tell you what to do you will also be looking for hours as they are going to the people keeping themselves busy.

Lots of jobs out there right now. Three is feasible, as below.

h.kitchener

You need to find another job or two rather than just sitting around complaining about the lack of hours at Walmart. Many years ago while supporting a family I had three jobs in order to do so.

Life is tough.

Whining about your situation does nothing to provide food for the family. Take responsibility.