Lakewood, Colorado
2.7K views 21 comments

My Emerson 32" LCD TV Model LC320EM8A will not power up. It quit working exactly 1 month after 1 year warranty ended.

I called the company and they have lousy customer service and will not give me a number, name, or address or phone number of anyone to complain to.

In fact when you call you are talking to a third party they contract out their customer service (or lack thereof)

I contacted a repair shop and they see it often with Emerson TV's especially that model. Cost to repair is almost as much as new TV. Worthless 32" paperweight now.

I will never buy anything with Emerson or Funai name on it again.

Review about: Emerson Lcd Tv.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $400
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Discovery Bay, California, United States #1205843

I fell victim today for the same thing my 48in and had the exact same experience with there customer.Service.

When I whent to consumer affairs they Emerson TVs have 754 complaints.I believe class action suit is needed to stop these people

I purchased a 50 inch Emerson tv from Walmart on Thanksgiving Day and 7 months after that the TV picture & sound flickered every 3 seconds and will not stop!I called & opened a case with Emerson and they never called back!

Simply closed my case because they have no repair service in my county. Their customers service is non existent.

You can not get anyone to make decisions all want is to have new replacement tv or a refund!NEVER AGAIN will I buy from this company, or Wal Mart, for that matter!

regret
#852037

I purchased a 50 inch Emerson tv from Walmart and 9 months after that the TV shut off and will not power back on.I called Emerson and their customers service is the world worst.

You can not get any one to make decisions all want is to have my tv or a refund.

I mailed the TV back to the company that was two months ago every time I call I get the run around.I will never purchase any of these products.

Wolverine

Don't buy any Emerson products.My 40 inch tv that I bought on Black Friday 2011 quit working 2 months after warranty expired.

The tv just shut off and will not power back on. Customer service with Emerson is terrible.

Won't buy or recommend Emerson products to anyone ever.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada #706645

Baught an Emerson 32" TV just over a year ago and have the same problem everyone else had.Just shut its self off for good and won't power up again.

I didn't spend $300 for a TV that will last me a year!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks walmart!!!!!

birdie
Baltimore, Maryland, United States #686436

the same model tv quit after 6month of use will not power on.paid the 70 bucks warranty which should have been free.

Emerson sent back a refurbished tv and the same thing happenEd after 1 week of use. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE FROM EMERSON OR FUNAI COMPANY.

RETURNING IT FOR A SECOND TIME.:( :(

sandiego
San Diego, California, United States #539237

32" LC320EM2 quit after 3 months. POS

linda
#520714

Same thing.I got a 40" Emerson on black friday, Walmart in Texas.

After a couple of months it stopped working in the middle of a movie. Customer Service Warranty Dept is open 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. For $150.oo they'll send me a box that I can put the t.v. into; they'll fix it and send it back.

I'm a 62 y.o. single woman but I got it done. After 6 weeks, very happy to get the t.v. back home.

It cuts off immediately.I want to throw a hammer at it!!!!

Rebecca

The sound just went out on my Emerson 32 LCD that I purchased at Walmart on Black Friday..6 months ago!

After 1 and 1/2 hours of getting the run around and being on hold for an eternity with the lovely Emerson Customer Service I was told that I would have to pay for the cost of labor to fix the problem.I will NEVER again buy ANY EMERSON products.

FONDA A.

I PURCHASED THE 40" EMERSON ON BLACK FRIDAY IN 2011 IN WINCHESTER KY AND KEPT THE TV IN A BOX BECUASE WE ARE BUILDING OUR HOUSE AND WANTED A NEW TV FOR THE NEW HOUSE...TWO MONTHS AFTER WE PUT IT UP IN THE NEW HOUSE IT JUST QUIT WORKING AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT IT WILL COST ME 110.00 LABOR TO GET IT REPAIRED OR REFURBISHED AND I AM SEVERELY UPSET WITH EMERSON.THEY USED TO BE ONE OF THE TOP COMPANIES IN ELECTRONICS AND I WOULD BUY AN UNKNOWN BRAND BEFORE I WOULD BUY ANOTHER EMERSON.

THEY ARE RIDICULOUS IN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND I AM DEFINITELY NOT A SATISFIED CUSTOMER.POLOROID HAD THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH AND BETTER BELIEVE I WILL REMEMBER THAT WITH MY NEXT PURCHASE!