2.9K views

My Emerson 32" LCD TV Model LC320EM8A will not power up. It quit working exactly 1 month after 1 year warranty ended.

I called the company and they have lousy customer service and will not give me a number, name, or address or phone number of anyone to complain to.

In fact when you call you are talking to a third party they contract out their customer service (or lack thereof)

I contacted a repair shop and they see it often with Emerson TV's especially that model. Cost to repair is almost as much as new TV. Worthless 32" paperweight now.

I will never buy anything with Emerson or Funai name on it again.

Comments

Discovery Bay, California, United States #1205843

I fell victim today for the same thing my 48in and had the exact same experience with there customer. Service.

When I whent to consumer affairs they Emerson TVs have 754 complaints. I believe class action suit is needed to stop these people

I purchased a 50 inch Emerson tv from Walmart on Thanksgiving Day and 7 months after that the TV picture & sound flickered every 3 seconds and will not stop! I called & opened a case with Emerson and they never called back!

Simply closed my case because they have no repair service in my county. Their customers service is non existent.

You can not get anyone to make decisions all want is to have new replacement tv or a refund! NEVER AGAIN will I buy from this company, or Wal Mart, for that matter!

#852037

I purchased a 50 inch Emerson tv from Walmart and 9 months after that the TV shut off and will not power back on. I called Emerson and their customers service is the world worst.

You can not get any one to make decisions all want is to have my tv or a refund.

I mailed the TV back to the company that was two months ago every time I call I get the run around. I will never purchase any of these products.

Don't buy any Emerson products. My 40 inch tv that I bought on Black Friday 2011 quit working 2 months after warranty expired.

The tv just shut off and will not power back on. Customer service with Emerson is terrible.

Won't buy or recommend Emerson products to anyone ever.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada #706645

Baught an Emerson 32" TV just over a year ago and have the same problem everyone else had. Just shut its self off for good and won't power up again.

I didn't spend $300 for a TV that will last me a year!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks walmart!!!!!

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #686436

the same model tv quit after 6month of use will not power on. paid the 70 bucks warranty which should have been free.

Emerson sent back a refurbished tv and the same thing happenEd after 1 week of use. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE FROM EMERSON OR FUNAI COMPANY.

RETURNING IT FOR A SECOND TIME. :( :(

San Diego, California, United States #539237

32" LC320EM2 quit after 3 months. POS

#520714

Same thing. I got a 40" Emerson on black friday, Walmart in Texas.

After a couple of months it stopped working in the middle of a movie. Customer Service Warranty Dept is open 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. For $150.oo they'll send me a box that I can put the t.v. into; they'll fix it and send it back.

I'm a 62 y.o. single woman but I got it done. After 6 weeks, very happy to get the t.v. back home.

It cuts off immediately. I want to throw a hammer at it!!!!

The sound just went out on my Emerson 32 LCD that I purchased at Walmart on Black Friday. .6 months ago!

After 1 and 1/2 hours of getting the run around and being on hold for an eternity with the lovely Emerson Customer Service I was told that I would have to pay for the cost of labor to fix the problem. I will NEVER again buy ANY EMERSON products.

I PURCHASED THE 40" EMERSON ON BLACK FRIDAY IN 2011 IN WINCHESTER KY AND KEPT THE TV IN A BOX BECUASE WE ARE BUILDING OUR HOUSE AND WANTED A NEW TV FOR THE NEW HOUSE...TWO MONTHS AFTER WE PUT IT UP IN THE NEW HOUSE IT JUST QUIT WORKING AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT IT WILL COST ME 110.00 LABOR TO GET IT REPAIRED OR REFURBISHED AND I AM SEVERELY UPSET WITH EMERSON. THEY USED TO BE ONE OF THE TOP COMPANIES IN ELECTRONICS AND I WOULD BUY AN UNKNOWN BRAND BEFORE I WOULD BUY ANOTHER EMERSON.

THEY ARE RIDICULOUS IN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND I AM DEFINITELY NOT A SATISFIED CUSTOMER. POLOROID HAD THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH AND BETTER BELIEVE I WILL REMEMBER THAT WITH MY NEXT PURCHASE!

to FONDA A. Miami, Florida, United States #955663

I bought the same model for Christmas I bought it in Oct. didn't open it until Christmas and march 2 it just quit> they want me to pay for labor .

This is a big ripoff I will not buy another Emerson product and will hot be shopping at walmarts for selling me a t v that they know is not worth a dime. Someone need to start a class action lawsuit against Emerson and walmarts.

Same thing happened to me! It was working fine, and then I turned it off and then it refuses to turn back on. Emerson sucks so much.

to Ben #1072352

I can't believe I keep reading the exact same thing over and over. Surprise, they got me!

50', purchased at Walmart.

1 yr old. All I can say is never again.

I got a emerson 19 inch with dvd player. I've only used the dvd player 5 times and it won't spit the dvd back out. Its a piece of junk BEWARE of cheap walmart & emerson JUNK

My 8-month old 32" Emerson TV just blew last night! I only use it to watch DVDs an hour or so per night.

EIGHT MONTHS- my last TV (a Sanyo) lasted 15 years! Now I have to pay them $50 to send me a refurb replacement (The only other option they offered was to bring it to one of their repair places, and I'd have to pay for labor- they only pay for parts- which would cost a lot more.

I'll never buy another Emerson product- when the replacement they send breaks, I'll just throw it out and buy a different brnad. Never again, Emerson!

i,should.be.able.to,get.some,can.of.warranty.on.my.emerson.flat.tv.emerson.charges,to,much.and,should,be,cost.effective,like.35,dollars,only.

I bought one of their Small flat screens. The sound is out on 2 channels.

It has perfect picture just no sound. I can take another tv I have and hook it up it has sound on all channels. They are arguing it is the cable companies cable. They won't fix it.

The tv is 2 months old.

I am going to try a little longer if they don't fix it, I will be forced to buy another and switch it out in the box and ask for a refund. if they are gonna be dishonest and not repair it, then I will screw them if I have to.

Tv quit working after 10 months, Walmart policy is after 2 months, the product needs to be handled by Viore. Viore just blew me off.

So now I have a $526 Tv under warranty, but can't get fixed.

NEXT TIME, I'll buy from an electronics store that does their own repairs instore. Never again will I make a major purchase from Walmart (just small purchases).51531

We purchased an Emerson tv at a Walmart also, and it quit on us today, exactly 1 month after the manufacturers warranty expired. We hope to be able to get results like the first fellow did.

Since I bashed Emerson TV it is only fair that I give them props when they come through. I wrote a letter to the Funai Corporation letting them know how I feel and to my surprise they contacted me and offered to repair the TV at no cost to me.

I recently received the TV back and so far it works fine.

So, as always the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

It is easy to bash someone but I want everyone to know that Emerson / Funai came through for me. :)