2315 Madison St, Clarksville, TN 37043, USA
5.4K views

Walmart for the last year or so has consistently had empty shelves. And no one in any of the isles to ask if they are out or to get something off the top shelf.

This makes me go to other grocery stores when i leave Walmart to finish my grocery list. Its not one or two items every time i go, its multiple things they are out of. Ive attached these photos for others to see and that is not all if the pictures I took. I took 16 pictures througjout the store today but cant upload all if them.

I have complained to employees there but it does no good cause evidently Walmart is not listening to their employees. Walmart cannot say well, this was due to the weekend, no this is anyday if the week. Been shopping there for 17 years and now Im done. You will not see empty shelves in other grocery stores.

Cant wait till the new Publics is finished being built. Does anyone else have this problem with the Walmart they go to?.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Comments

It is the same in Salisbury, MD. The confusing thing to me is that Walmart reports rising same-store comps.

That must mean that people still go there for the slightly lower prices. However, is the aggravation worth it? Not to me. Their main competitor here is Food Lion.

The prices are a little higher, but the products are on the shelves. I have made the switch.

I used to be able to get 100% of my shopping done at Walmart. Now, I am lucky if they have 70% of what I need.

And the REALLY frustrating thing is they won't let you purchase many of the items on their website (in-store purchase only) yet you can't find it in the store either. How are they supposed to stay in business if their customers can't find anything to purchase? And it's not just a temporary thing.

I found an empty shelf of an item I needed - two weeks later - it was STILL empty. When are they going to address this?

Yes in St Johns MI. EMPTY All over the store, especially the food.

Never any associates on the floor to help with us consumers.

It is sad to see. This is the beginning of the end of Walmart.

Yes in Chattanooga TN it is the same way. I have complained and nothing.

It’s getting worse actually. The items I buy are disappearing and there are some things like my dogs food that I won’t compromise on. I get that they probably have junk no one wants and capital one is trying to restructure their inventory but it’s terrible for customers and they messed up our credit when they switched the Walmart’s cards from synchrony bank to capital one and they are like oh sorry it’s not our fault. It’s affected Thousands of people’s credit that cap one admitted to and your sorry....

40 points because you merged the card and we didn’t have a choice. It’s just bad business and the lack of stock.

We are shopping elsewhere and not using the card any longer. So disappointed I really liked Walmart.

Gonsalo

I just contacted corporate through email with a link to this page. Let's see what they have to say....

Yeah our Walmart in Dubuque Iowa is about half empty all the time now. The employees are useless when it comes to asking them anything regarding location of a product or if they even have something.

I watched the semi load come out to the floor but it didn't fill hardly any of the out of stock items. I'm done trying to shop there and shopping at Walmart used to be the only place I would go to but I'm sick of only finding a third of the items I went shopping for. They keep this up and they will end up closing just like shopko, Kmart, and sears did.

Walmart, do you WANT to lose all your customers? It sure seems like it!

I was SHOCKED at the Walmart on Platte's empty shelves when I went shopping on the 1st of November, 2019. This is a Walmart SUPERSTORE.

They had 2 brands of bacon (maybe 3...). But they had NO stick margarine like Blue Bonnet or Imperial. As for lettuce. .they offered OBE half head of iceburg lettuce..old and wilted..

Really just the center core and some wilted old green leaves for. .$1.48! My other lettuce choice was organic iceburg lettuce...whole head...decent stock but for $2.46! I changed my meal plan and purchased an avacado instead.

It looked good from the outside. Just discovered when cut ooen 3/4's of it ROTTEN. Disgusting!! No thanks Walmart!

That was NO SAVINGS!

I also had to go to another store. What is really going on here?

I have the same problem at my local Wal-Mart in NC. Various common staples are sold out or nearly sold out every week. In addition, Wal-Mart seems to move the stock around so much that I don't know if the items are sold out or if I just can't find where they moved them too.

It’s the same here in Port St Lucie, Fl. Multiple items are missing and appears to not be re-stocked.

(Large Nestlie French Vanilla creamer, Rice-a-roni Spanish rice, Nellies Harvard beets, General Mills flour) These are only a few examples we discovered on Saturday 10/19/2019. The spaces are there but NO PRODUCT. Is it possible that most of the employees are shopping for customers who now call in their orders for pickup?

Our store has multiple employees doing this and blocking the isles for customers who come to their stores and support Wal Mart. I along with other will consider purchasing all our groceries from Publix.

I stopped going to Walmart. Waist of time and gas to go and not get what is needed. Kind of hope this puts them out of business, since the company doesn't care about the customer.

I have been visiting the Germantown, Wisconsin ( Milwaukee suburb) store since it opened - 15 years ago? and it's previous location in Menomonee Falls, WI since it was opened in the 1990's?.

The last 60 days the shelves are empty. When asked if they are doing inventory or remodeling the employees claim there was a run on the products the day before.

It is all over the store: groceries, pharmaceuticals, electronics. I will no longer shop there.

Breauna

I have been going through the same thing so I will also go to Publix and get ALL my shopping done in 1 shot!

Same with Ohio. It is very frustrating when you cannot get everything on your list because they are consistently out of the items I buy.

I have to go to Kroger a lot to pick up the stuff I cannot find. If it keeps up, I will just switch to going to Kroger for all my groceries.

We went shopping in Clearwater, FL Wal-Mart today and shelves were cool empty. I asked the checkout girl why and she just shrugged.

We had to go to another store to finish our shopping.

It's annoying. Plus there are no employees around, except the ones blocking the aisle with giant carts shopping for pickup orders.

Many of the women in our group have also noticed this and have started shopping elsewhere as a result.

3 Walmart's close by all same problem. Walmart in Clarkston,Wa, Pullman, Wa and Moscow, Idaho all failing to stock basic items, all failing to have ANY staff. All failing, colossally!

The same thing is going on in south Mississippi. I will be doing most of my shopping in locally owned stores from now on.

It's ridiculous they can't (or won't) keep the shelves stocked. They also have eliminated many items they once carried. They will be puzzled when nobody shops there anymore.

Complete hassle to check out also. Not worth my time and hard earned money.

Same with our Walmart and it's a newer store. Shelves are always empty and never seem to be stocked back. I gave up and went back to shopping at Shoprite.

The Walmarts here in West Central Indiana are awful!!

Yes we are having the same problem with all the Walmart’s in our area (SW Florida) We went yesterday and back today and they still had not stocked the items we needed. We left and bought them at Publix.