Las Vegas, Nevada
15K views

I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost approximately $280.00 and it was bought as an anniversary gift for him. Today (July 1, 2012) we took the same necklace to two different jewelry stores and was informed that the necklace is FAKE! The only real gold in the necklace is the 10K stamped clasp! The rest of the necklace can be picked up by a magnet.

I am in total shock! This necklace has been on his neck since the day I gave it to him - has never been taken to any jewelry store or repair shop - and it is totally impossible that it has been switched by someone else (we live alone and do not have guests) - but the fact remains the same - he has NEVER taken it off since the day I gave it to him.

I will do whatever I can to make sure that the world knows what type of quality jewelry - or should I say DOWN RIGHT FAKE AND FRAUDULENT gold that Walmart is selling to its customers.

Comments

I also purchased a chain from Walmart for 250 bucks and the same thing happened to me, I wore it until I found another one at a pawn shop and was going to trade mine in on the bigger one, until I was informed mine was fake

Lyric

I just purchased the jewelry at Walmart in phila it turned already in less than a week I am very upset they claim that it last a lifetime I feel like I have been duped

I have had the same issue I bought two for my husnad two for me and I was going through a rough time tried to get a loan in them and they said they were fake at the pawn shop

This is by far the best fake jewelry I have ever bought. It doesn’t break my neck out or turn it green.

I love it and I knew what it was when I bought. It is well worth my $60.

Ilo

They say it’s “dipped” in gold.. so dumb

@Ilo

I mean it cant be that price it it was ALL gold if it was all gold it would be about $10.000

Tiwanna

I bought the same necklace for my husband in the white gold and it is fake also. I also bought other jewelry items from them also and again the same issue.

They charge a lot for fake jewelry. If you buy them during the promotion they tell you to send it all back and get free jewelry for life if they lose their luster or break.

A scam, it tarnishes very badly. Walmart should be ashamed for standing behind this trash.

Porshe

He's never said anything at any point that it was real what he said is it lasts a lifetime and if it doesn't they'll give you a new one. you're getting jewelry that looks like go high quality jewelry.

If you pull up that brand name they sell one of the necklaces he was displaying for $610. He does say at least three times it's not real gold and the bracelet is not diamonds but crystals he says that at least twice.

I have many crystal jewelry and it's still sparkles today years later. Teri

STOP CRYING, IT'S STILL GOOD VALUE This is completely advertised as being fake or plated, they clearly want you to know that, well at least the sales reps I seen, where they sell folks is the "lifetime warranty", that, along with the fact that you get two necklaces, two bracelets and two sets of earrings for only $60, should tell you that it's a good buy AND DEFINITELY NOT THE REAL THING

@Anonymous

I do not understand why you feel the compulsion to use CAPS. Why do you fee the need to SCREAM in your posts?

@Anonymous

That same lady was at Walmart today selling the jewelry from San Tropez. She got a lot of people to buy from her, she done fake advertising Walmart should be more aware of what’s going on!

I saw this being sold at Walmart in Acworth, georgia. Went to a free demonstration of this product but I didnt purchased anything.

Sales person tryed to get everyone to buy a whole set at a amazing discounted price of $60. She stated if we didn't buy it that day it would go go to $300 the next day.

I walked away! Smh!!!

Im sorry that happened to you but maybe you didn’t ask enough questions? I just saw the salesman today at Walmart claiming they were giving out free jewelry and just gave us some plastic heart charm.

But at the end they sold the jewelry. But it wasn’t 280. I bought the whole set for 60. Which I think is good.

I knew it wasn’t real but they were just so pretty!! And it’s a lot cheaper than getting something that looks just like it somewhere else.

It came with the Gucci inspired chain and chain bracelet, the rope necklace, the diamond tennis bracelet, and diamond earrings and pearl earrings. Fake but beautiful

Same

I just watched an in store sale as well the Rep Sharell was so fake and such a liar! Then when confronted she gonna say she is anointed by God I said yeah anointed to lie for the devil!!

You cannot buy a real gold necklace for $280. That right there should have told you that it was not real.

Go to a real jewelry store and price real gold and see how expensive it is.

The San Tropez jewelry is plated but also has a lifetime guarantee. They are open about telling consumers it is not real but plated.

You are an idiot.

@Anonymous

Did you read the full post or are you always to quick to judge people? Oh, but wait, I am guessing you are an expert in all things not just "gold" jewelry.

I have shopped at many "real" jewelry stores and I know how much "real" jewelry costs - so do not insult those who post here about being lied to. Being lied to is the real issue here. Just because someone only paid $280 for a necklace that was advertised for over $700 dollars does not make them stupid nor does it make the purchase of the fake jewelry the crime. The crime is deceiving people and that is what Walmart is doing.

The original incident happened over 8 years ago - we are not talking about a purchase made in 2019. You should read the full posts before you judge people and you should not be so arrogant as to tell people it is their fault they got cheated because they had the audacity to buy "real" jewelry from a place as low-life as Walmart.

@Anonymous

To the person who made the anonymous post on Aug 31: Let's say that you go to Walfart to buy some baby formula for your newborn (baby formula is the milk you give babies - in case you do not know what that is) and let's say that it is a brand name that you trust. You spend $146 for a case (advertised by Walfart).

You give the formula to your baby and then your baby gets sick (according to your pediatrician - the formula is a knock-off brand and it contains something your baby is allergic to). So, it is the consumers fault that they bought something from Walfart that was advertised as something it was not? And, the consumer should have gone to a "real" store to buy the baby formula?

I guess the consumer should have went to a "Baby Boutique" or a retail store that specializes in Baby-Only-Products. Hmmm - stupid consumers huh?