Las Vegas, Nevada
11.1K views

I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost approximately $280.00 and it was bought as an anniversary gift for him. Today (July 1, 2012) we took the same necklace to two different jewelry stores and was informed that the necklace is FAKE! The only real gold in the necklace is the 10K stamped clasp! The rest of the necklace can be picked up by a magnet.

I am in total shock! This necklace has been on his neck since the day I gave it to him - has never been taken to any jewelry store or repair shop - and it is totally impossible that it has been switched by someone else (we live alone and do not have guests) - but the fact remains the same - he has NEVER taken it off since the day I gave it to him.

I will do whatever I can to make sure that the world knows what type of quality jewelry - or should I say DOWN RIGHT FAKE AND FRAUDULENT gold that Walmart is selling to its customers.

Comments

I've bought 3 gold chains at Wal-Mart and had each less than 2 weeks,and each one broke and they were 10k gold rope chains too.IM TOTALLY UPSET.DIDNT EVEN GET A CHANCE TO CLEAN ONE OF THEM! !!

IntrepidJay664

I too have been victimize by Walmart fake jewelry.. really Wal-Mart

The lady just got me too in fargo nd . I only paid 62$ for set but still.

.. I'm pissed if this is same thing . Tried saying it's over 500$ for set but to det word of mouth out we cud take card n go check out bring receipt back within 10minutes n we got the deal... but that it's real gold wont tarnish turn green...

it's still in box glad I didnt give it as gift I'd feel dumb . I do feel dumb...

@Anonymous

You got the San tropez jewelry. I got it too.

I had it checked and it was 14k dipped over silver. That was a good price you paid.

#1719979
@Anonymous

Duped by Walmart. San Tropez representative lied under the umbrella of Walmart.

14 k gold plated is what they are selling.

Why not tell the truth? I would have purchased silver.

Walmart is selling fake gold

OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS HAD A YELLOW LABRADOR RETRIEVER NAMED "LADY". MY MAMA USED TO SAY THAT LADY WAS WORTH HER WEIGHT IN GOLD BECAUSE SHE WOULD BARK LOUDLY AND SCARE AWAY PROWLERS AND BURGLARS.

I have the same 10 karat gold Figaro necklace and just found out yesterday it's fake

THE STREETS IN HEAVEN ARE PAVED WITH GOLD.

BlushingAinuDog

Same thing happened to me buy i can't fund the reciept but i did buy with my debit and stl have the fake pos.

TrickySaurian907

Your stupid as *** for thinking you would get a solid 10k gold necklace for a man 280... it was 10k PLATED. Gold is expensive as hell...especially in VEGAS

I'm going through the same thing in Dothan Alabama and I am highly upset about it

@Anonymous

In Walmart Margate,fl a traveling salesman said to review and heard lengthy presentation for St.Tropaz necklace,bracelets and would get free gift piece. After long time and them selling there and b.s.

they gave a child like plastic heart charm. Joke

@Anonymous

This literally just happened today at our Walmart in Heath Ohio!

Ive also purchased fake gold from Walmart. 10k or even 14k marked as 10k and 14k JCM is fake.

My earth magnet picked the earrings right up, without the fake butterfly backings on them. Then I filed to see if plated. Was a three pair set, with only one pair passing.

They are plated. This is a federal offense but they keep getting away with it.

I THINK THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE TO SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. MAYBE YOU CAN GET JUDGE JUDY TO HEAR YOUR CASE.

I bought a hollow gold necklace from them which broke so I took it in for repair at a local jeweler. They said it was gold plated not hollow gold.

I paid nearly $500 for something worth a few dollars at best. I contacted Walmart and they said the warranty period had expired so they could not help me. Walmart is selling fraudulent merchandise which is against the law. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed in this regard.

We need to organize here. Walmart sells jewelry thru " Jewelry Unlimited".

I have bought so-called called "gold filled" crosses with chains, and the crosses are NOT gold filled at all, but only lightly gold plated. It is ridiculous how my cross I am wearing has turned black, and copper color. There needs to be a class action lawsuit over this.

@Deborah

THAT'S LIKE A GENTLEMAN MARRYING A WOMAN WHO HE THINKS HAS A HEART OF GOLD BUT THEN SHE TURNS OUT TO JUST HAVE MARRIED HIM FOR HIS MONEY AND HAS BEEN CHEATING ON HIM WITH THE UPS MAN!

I have bought 5 chains from walmart and had gotten into a bad situation where I needed money that min. So I took a necklace to the pawn shop and was given nothing for it because it was silver or something non-ferrous like that because it would not be picked up with a magnet but it was definitely not gold so I take the rest of the ones I had in and only two of them out of five for real and they all look identical so yes you're very right and there's nothing you can do about it I don't think take them back I guess Walmart just takes certain things back without a receipt from what I understand but it is ***