Las Vegas, Nevada
12.5K views

I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost approximately $280.00 and it was bought as an anniversary gift for him. Today (July 1, 2012) we took the same necklace to two different jewelry stores and was informed that the necklace is FAKE! The only real gold in the necklace is the 10K stamped clasp! The rest of the necklace can be picked up by a magnet.

I am in total shock! This necklace has been on his neck since the day I gave it to him - has never been taken to any jewelry store or repair shop - and it is totally impossible that it has been switched by someone else (we live alone and do not have guests) - but the fact remains the same - he has NEVER taken it off since the day I gave it to him.

I will do whatever I can to make sure that the world knows what type of quality jewelry - or should I say DOWN RIGHT FAKE AND FRAUDULENT gold that Walmart is selling to its customers.

Comments

I just watched an in store sale as well the Rep Sharell was so fake and such a liar! Then when confronted she gonna say she is anointed by God I said yeah anointed to lie for the devil!!

You cannot buy a real gold necklace for $280. That right there should have told you that it was not real.

Go to a real jewelry store and price real gold and see how expensive it is.

The San Tropez jewelry is plated but also has a lifetime guarantee. They are open about telling consumers it is not real but plated.

DazzlingHorse

I purchase the same jewelry from Walmart noticed the braclet is turning colors.

I've bought 3 gold chains at Wal-Mart and had each less than 2 weeks,and each one broke and they were 10k gold rope chains too.IM TOTALLY UPSET.DIDNT EVEN GET A CHANCE TO CLEAN ONE OF THEM! !!

IntrepidJay664

I too have been victimize by Walmart fake jewelry.. really Wal-Mart

The lady just got me too in fargo nd . I only paid 62$ for set but still.

.. I'm pissed if this is same thing . Tried saying it's over 500$ for set but to det word of mouth out we cud take card n go check out bring receipt back within 10minutes n we got the deal... but that it's real gold wont tarnish turn green...

it's still in box glad I didnt give it as gift I'd feel dumb . I do feel dumb...

@Anonymous

You got the San tropez jewelry. I got it too.

I had it checked and it was 14k dipped over silver. That was a good price you paid.

#1719979
@Anonymous

Duped by Walmart. San Tropez representative lied under the umbrella of Walmart.

14 k gold plated is what they are selling.

Why not tell the truth? I would have purchased silver.

@Anonymous

San Tropez does not sell solid gold jewelry. They clearly state it's triple dipped in 14k gold and has a jewelers metal base.

Walmart is selling fake gold

OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS HAD A YELLOW LABRADOR RETRIEVER NAMED "LADY". MY MAMA USED TO SAY THAT LADY WAS WORTH HER WEIGHT IN GOLD BECAUSE SHE WOULD BARK LOUDLY AND SCARE AWAY PROWLERS AND BURGLARS.

WaterloggedRottweiler335
#1761964

Worth it.

I have the same 10 karat gold Figaro necklace and just found out yesterday it's fake

THE STREETS IN HEAVEN ARE PAVED WITH GOLD.

BlushingAinuDog

Same thing happened to me buy i can't fund the reciept but i did buy with my debit and stl have the fake pos.

TrickySaurian907

Your stupid as *** for thinking you would get a solid 10k gold necklace for a man 280... it was 10k PLATED. Gold is expensive as hell...especially in VEGAS

@TrickySaurian907

not stupid just naiive

I'm going through the same thing in Dothan Alabama and I am highly upset about it

@Anonymous

In Walmart Margate,fl a traveling salesman said to review and heard lengthy presentation for St.Tropaz necklace,bracelets and would get free gift piece. After long time and them selling there and b.s.

they gave a child like plastic heart charm. Joke

@Anonymous

This literally just happened today at our Walmart in Heath Ohio!