Walmart - Fake Gold Jewelry

3572 of 4977 Walmart reviews

I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost approximately $280.00 and it was bought as an anniversary gift for him. Today (July 1, 2012) we took the same necklace to two different jewelry stores and was informed that the necklace is FAKE! The only real gold in the necklace is the 10K stamped clasp! The rest of the necklace can be picked up by a magnet.

I am in total shock! This necklace has been on his neck since the day I gave it to him - has never been taken to any jewelry store or repair shop - and it is totally impossible that it has been switched by someone else (we live alone and do not have guests) - but the fact remains the same - he has NEVER taken it off since the day I gave it to him.

I will do whatever I can to make sure that the world knows what type of quality jewelry - or should I say DOWN RIGHT FAKE AND FRAUDULENT gold that Walmart is selling to its customers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 23 Yes 23
3572 of 4977 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 26 #1218673 Saint Charles, Missouri, United States

That is totally wrong. 10k gold and any gold jewelry will not be able to be picked up by a magnet unless it is PLATED or GOLD FILLED. If it is actually 10k gold it will NOT have any iron in the piece and will NOT be able to be moved or picked up by a magnet.

1 9 Reply

Oct 23 #1231017 Los Angeles, California, United States

Not true i had a hollow 10kt chain an it was barely picked up by a magnet.. took it to a jewelry store to sell they confirmed it was real an got 40 bucks for it

3 0 Reply
LadyScot

Aug 26 #1204247 Naples, Florida, United States

Gold plate will fade very quickly. If it were fake, you would have seen it before you ever used a magnet on it.
Why would you ask a jewelry store if it was fake? They are not interested in your necklace. They are interested in getting you to spend money with them. It is a well known fact that some jewelry stores are less than honest when it comes to 'competition'.
I had a jeweler tell me my diamond was not real, when we were discussing a band I wanted to add to my ring. I picked out my stone, and I know how to use a loupe and diamond tester. He pissed me off so much. All he wanted was to sell me a 'real' diamond.
They are unscrupulous. You want to know if your chain is real? Go to a pawn shop. They have no interest in selling you.

3 1 Reply
ransom

Jun 29 #1179297

Do you have something that states that it is solid gold or gold plated or just gold color? Also how many carats.
This info would help your case a lot if you can prove that what they sold you was misrepresented. Otherwise you may not have a case.
At this point they may be able to say that they never said it was what you think it is.
Just a suggestion.

0 0 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1065768

I found out yesterday that my rings i paid 300 for on sale are fake. Im pissed.

1 2 Reply

May 14, 2015 #984102

They can sell it as "gold" even if it's just plated gold. I'm impressed after years of wearing it and him not ever taking it off that it hadn't chipped, etc. That's some great quality fake gold or plating!

1 2 Reply
larry

Dec 10, 2014 #913845 Radford, Virginia, United States

I bought a $375 necklace from walmart in fairlawn va.I wore it for a month and noticed it was turning green .So i took it back to Walmart with the receipt.They had enough nerve to tell me ths necklace did not come from them.They sent the necklace off to have it fixed but Walmart repair sent it back still messed up with a letter stating that the necklace never came from Walmart.I lost the money fitter the necklace bc I Broke it in a bunch of pieces and threw it at the cashier.
Now walmart has a different person who sells them jewelry bc their last distributor was selling them fake jewelry.
Now when I buy any gold I carry a jewelers loop and strong magnet.

2 6 Reply

Jun 05, 2015 #991817

It's loupe, and you don't carry one, you cannot even spell it.

7 1 Reply
Stormchaser

Nov 23, 2014 #904935 Saint Augustine, Florida, United States

You need to report the fake gold... that is a serious situation! Someone must have switched out the real necklace (someone who works at the store, or possibly a previous customer...). You are out $280, which is NOT a small amount! Follow up on the situation, don't wait to report it! Get a SIGNED statement from 2, if not 3, different jewelers- that the necklace is NOT gold- have them state which part(s) are real gold. Go to the Walmart store manager. If he doesn't get the situation taken care of, go to the police department & tell them what happened, and file a report... What Happened Is NOT a small matter... someone stole the real necklace & you are the VICTIM! Hope you get the situation taken care of without any problems... life is frustrating enough!

7 1 Reply

Nov 23, 2014 #905180 Fargo, North Dakota, United States

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, I know live in a state thousands of miles away. I thought about doing exactly what you suggested when I found out that the necklace was a fake but figured that I would be the one accused of swapping the necklace instead of Walmart employees.
This also happened in Las Vegas - the scam of all scam cities! I am sure that this kind of practice is rampant in Las Vegas and in all Walmart stores located throughout the country.
It is unbelievable to think that they keep getting away with it! I cannot stand that store! Interestingly, just lately, I had taken some gold charms to get appraised and I found out that a 14kt gold dolphin charm (which I had also purchased at a different Walmart in a different state many years ago) was also fake! So you see - it is not an isolated event.
Thank you for posting to my complaint - I appreciate it.

4 0 Reply

Jun 05, 2015 #991818

And then act like they lost a fortune when they're down like $280. What did you think, that you would get a balling chain from walart for $300? 10k chains start at $800, for anything that doesn't look like dental floss. They should stop trying to live above their means, it just makes people pity them.

3 5 Reply

Oct 26, 2015 #1054233

A reply for anonymous to HAHA from Jun 05,
You are very rude, first off. And you are trying to sound like you are all that, talking down about people who can't afford to throw $280 away like it's nothing. What do you do to earn your money, if you think losing $280 is no big deal? I seriously doubt that you have any money anyway, because if you did you would know better, AND you would also know that it would be *** to spend $800 on anything less than 14 carat gold.

3 0 Reply

Oct 26, 2015 #1054255

You are as *** as they come. If you bought a food item at Walfart, would you not expect it to be food?

0 0 Reply
sheila

Aug 22, 2014 #860200 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

During the spring of this year I found out that two bridal sets my husband and I purchased were of a lesser quality than walmart advertised. Each set was advertised as white gold. Yet after appraisal I found out that they were not. Although it took a couple of months of fighting I was successful at getting my refund. I involved the BBB as well as my state's Attorney General. In addition I used feedback from sites like this to substantiate my claim that walmart has knowingly and consistently ripped customers off. In addition I also held on to my receipt which helped my case. Despite walmart's so called "90 day return policy" the receipt I got after purchase had absolutely no mention of this policy. It does take diligence, but if more of us fight these companies will realize they can't treat consumers like trash.

10 1 Reply
shay

Feb 04, 2014 #781949 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

I purchased a chain at walmart that reads 10k gold in Oct. 2013. I took it off to clean it and its peeling and changing colors. So today FEB 4 2014 I GOOGLE INFO ABOUT THIS PRODUCT AND WANTS WORLD TO KNOW THAT THIS PRODUCT IS FAKE! GO TO A REAL JEWLREY STORE

5 1 Reply
IHateStupidCustomers

Jul 02, 2012 #505526

well anonymous, according to you, informing the public is the first course of action. Walmart wouldn't accept my old coupon! I shall force family and friends to not shop there, post about it on Facebook and Pissed Consumer, put it in the newspaper and cause a riot outside of Walmart.

4 6 Reply

Jul 02, 2012 #505473

While I understand you trying to inform the public about the necklace you bought being fake, isn't this a matter you should take up with law enforcement and Wal-Mart's lawyers by your attorney? If a major retailer is engaging in fraud and deceipt, you surely have a legal case against them.
Of course, your time here isn't wasted, but you really should bring charges against the Wal-Mart Corporation. No store can get away with deceptive practices when you can prove your case against them.

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.