Las Vegas, Nevada
12.7K views

I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost approximately $280.00 and it was bought as an anniversary gift for him. Today (July 1, 2012) we took the same necklace to two different jewelry stores and was informed that the necklace is FAKE! The only real gold in the necklace is the 10K stamped clasp! The rest of the necklace can be picked up by a magnet.

I am in total shock! This necklace has been on his neck since the day I gave it to him - has never been taken to any jewelry store or repair shop - and it is totally impossible that it has been switched by someone else (we live alone and do not have guests) - but the fact remains the same - he has NEVER taken it off since the day I gave it to him.

I will do whatever I can to make sure that the world knows what type of quality jewelry - or should I say DOWN RIGHT FAKE AND FRAUDULENT gold that Walmart is selling to its customers.

Comments

@Anonymous

LIterally the same thing today. Guy says he will give us a "heart pendant" .

Well it's a heart pendant but plastic with a tiny metal O ring. It's like something you get from the trinket box at Trader Joe's LOL.

I was sure it would be some little piece of junk but at least expected some kind of TIN or cheapo metal. Never thought they would have the shame to give people plastic garbage you can get at party city for 2 cents.

ProudOyster601
@Anonymous

Happened in san antonio tx on weekend. I didnt buy anything cause i could see on miles away that its a scam but i felt stupid for believing i would get free jewelry.

Ive also purchased fake gold from Walmart. 10k or even 14k marked as 10k and 14k JCM is fake.

My earth magnet picked the earrings right up, without the fake butterfly backings on them. Then I filed to see if plated. Was a three pair set, with only one pair passing.

They are plated. This is a federal offense but they keep getting away with it.

I THINK THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE TO SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. MAYBE YOU CAN GET JUDGE JUDY TO HEAR YOUR CASE.

I bought a hollow gold necklace from them which broke so I took it in for repair at a local jeweler. They said it was gold plated not hollow gold.

I paid nearly $500 for something worth a few dollars at best. I contacted Walmart and they said the warranty period had expired so they could not help me. Walmart is selling fraudulent merchandise which is against the law. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed in this regard.

We need to organize here. Walmart sells jewelry thru " Jewelry Unlimited".

I have bought so-called called "gold filled" crosses with chains, and the crosses are NOT gold filled at all, but only lightly gold plated. It is ridiculous how my cross I am wearing has turned black, and copper color. There needs to be a class action lawsuit over this.

@Deborah

THAT'S LIKE A GENTLEMAN MARRYING A WOMAN WHO HE THINKS HAS A HEART OF GOLD BUT THEN SHE TURNS OUT TO JUST HAVE MARRIED HIM FOR HIS MONEY AND HAS BEEN CHEATING ON HIM WITH THE UPS MAN!

I have bought 5 chains from walmart and had gotten into a bad situation where I needed money that min. So I took a necklace to the pawn shop and was given nothing for it because it was silver or something non-ferrous like that because it would not be picked up with a magnet but it was definitely not gold so I take the rest of the ones I had in and only two of them out of five for real and they all look identical so yes you're very right and there's nothing you can do about it I don't think take them back I guess Walmart just takes certain things back without a receipt from what I understand but it is ***

Walmart gold jewelry has very little gold in it, mostly base metal. I found this out the hard way.

I purchased two 10kt gold ropes and both turned black after sitting in jewelry cleaner, but lucky I bought a warranty and was able to get my money back as it was past the return date. Don't by Walmart jewelry.

I went to a demonstration at walmart by a company soon coming and was with my brain injured child who bought into this women swearing that their gold electroplated new line would always shine and gold was guaranteed to never wear off. A month later his necklace is metal color and he is so sad.

He used to have money before his accident and wanted to feel like back in the day. It made him feel so good. Now he feels like a jerk. The woman was a lyre Shame on you walmart!

If it's not bad enough you slave 4 yr old Chinese children in sweat shops to make your cheap products.

.shame on me for shooting walmart when I swore I would never! I have a 5 year old and could cry when I found that out!

@Randi

I bought it too has a life time warrentee. San. Topez collection 4 out of 5 pieces look like *** after only 6 weeks waiting for the 5 th piece to go bad so I can send them all back together Macy’s needs to know how bad this product is because supposedly it will be sold in Macy’s not Walmart

@Janeclark

Why don’t you just call them since you have a lifetime guarantee? My rope tarnished a on the clasp and they replaced it.

I was just going to buy a ring from them. They claim all of their jewelry is authentic.

Did they ever do right by you by giving you a refund or another necklace that was authentic?

I know this was a few years ago but I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

@Kelly R

NEVER. They denied all claims even going so far as I was trying to "scam" them.

Did not even want to help me in anyway except that would gladly take my husband's necklace along with the purchase receipt and sent them off to their "investigation committee." Yea, like I was going to give them that. They would then have all of the original information that I filed my claim with. I knew from the beginning that they were never going to resolve this. In any case, my thoughts for my husband's necklace still remain the same even though it is fake gold.

It resides in our jewelry box - in the costume jewelry section. Walmart is a horrible company.

It is fake! I bought it and got like a copper color in less than a week 14k gold plated

I was ripped off by walmart to the tune of over 800 bucks. I brought all of it to my local pawn shop And they told me it was fake.

I got 0 dollars for it!!! I tell everyone i know that all of walmarts jewerly is fake. I got a refund plus a credit for everything i bought at walmart jewelry counter. What does that tell you.

Basically.

They want me to keep my mouth shut. I only go to a pawn shop to buy my gold now.

@Deb

WOW! I am shocked that they would do anything for you.

The Walmart I was dealing with at the time wanted the item I purchased along with the original receipt - in other words, they wanted me to turn over the original necklace and the original receipt. I did not do that.

I felt that they were just trying more attempts in covering up what they had sold me. Glad to hear you got a refund.

I live in Mo and had the exact same thing happen to me. Bought a 14 K gold necklace only to find out it's fake. Walmart will not do anything about it, not even a simple gift card

This is horrible and I recently bought gold jewelry from walmart.. it specifically says on the tag 10kt gold.

does not have any indicators anywhere in the store on the packaging or anywhere else that would indicate otherwise real gold does not tarnish real gold does not turn your body green..so not only is it illegal for them to misrepresent what they are selling but it is also highway robbery to sell a cheap metal such as stainless steel and spray it with gold color and sell it for gold prices...

so I say that to say I have contacted a lawyer and will be suing Wal-Mart which will turn into a class action lawsuite.. you should send me your info so the lawyer can also contact you

@Kate

I just purchased the chain from Walmart that's 10 karat gold but it reacts to a magnet so I decide to go look up on Google and see if there's any other stories like mine and I found that Walmart is selling fake gold chains isn't that false advertisement here I'm buying a change taking this gold but I never had a chain that's gold stick to a magnet or react to a magnet and now I don't want the chain and I'm ready to take it back and file a complaint