Las Vegas, Nevada
12.7K views

I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost approximately $280.00 and it was bought as an anniversary gift for him. Today (July 1, 2012) we took the same necklace to two different jewelry stores and was informed that the necklace is FAKE! The only real gold in the necklace is the 10K stamped clasp! The rest of the necklace can be picked up by a magnet.

I am in total shock! This necklace has been on his neck since the day I gave it to him - has never been taken to any jewelry store or repair shop - and it is totally impossible that it has been switched by someone else (we live alone and do not have guests) - but the fact remains the same - he has NEVER taken it off since the day I gave it to him.

I will do whatever I can to make sure that the world knows what type of quality jewelry - or should I say DOWN RIGHT FAKE AND FRAUDULENT gold that Walmart is selling to its customers.

Comments

@larry

It's loupe, and you don't carry one, you cannot even spell it.

@larry

What is a jewelers loop?

You need to report the fake gold... that is a serious situation!

Someone must have switched out the real necklace (someone who works at the store, or possibly a previous customer...). You are out $280, which is NOT a small amount! Follow up on the situation, don't wait to report it! Get a SIGNED statement from 2, if not 3, different jewelers- that the necklace is NOT gold- have them state which part(s) are real gold.

Go to the Walmart store manager. If he doesn't get the situation taken care of, go to the police department & tell them what happened, and file a report... What Happened Is NOT a small matter... someone stole the real necklace & you are the VICTIM!

Hope you get the situation taken care of without any problems... life is frustrating enough!

@Stormchaser

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, I know live in a state thousands of miles away.

I thought about doing exactly what you suggested when I found out that the necklace was a fake but figured that I would be the one accused of swapping the necklace instead of Walmart employees.

This also happened in Las Vegas - the scam of all scam cities! I am sure that this kind of practice is rampant in Las Vegas and in all Walmart stores located throughout the country.

It is unbelievable to think that they keep getting away with it! I cannot stand that store!

Interestingly, just lately, I had taken some gold charms to get appraised and I found out that a 14kt gold dolphin charm (which I had also purchased at a different Walmart in a different state many years ago) was also fake! So you see - it is not an isolated event.

Thank you for posting to my complaint - I appreciate it.

LOL - you people buy GOLD at WAL MART????

@HA HA

And then act like they lost a fortune when they're down like $280. What did you think, that you would get a balling chain from walart for $300?

10k chains start at $800, for anything that doesn't look like dental floss. They should stop trying to live above their means, it just makes people pity them.

@Anonymous

A reply for anonymous to HAHA from Jun 05,

You are very rude, first off. And you are trying to sound like you are all that, talking down about people who can't afford to throw $280 away like it's nothing.

What do you do to earn your money, if you think losing $280 is no big deal? I seriously doubt that you have any money anyway, because if you did you would know better, AND you would also know that it would be *** to spend $800 on anything less than 14 carat gold.

@HA HA

You are as *** as they come. If you bought a food item at Walfart, would you not expect it to be food?

@HA HA

They're Rednecks. That's the kind of stuff that Rednecks are noted for doing.

During the spring of this year I found out that two bridal sets my husband and I purchased were of a lesser quality than walmart advertised. Each set was advertised as white gold.

Yet after appraisal I found out that they were not. Although it took a couple of months of fighting I was successful at getting my refund. I involved the BBB as well as my state's Attorney General. In addition I used feedback from sites like this to substantiate my claim that walmart has knowingly and consistently ripped customers off.

In addition I also held on to my receipt which helped my case.

Despite walmart's so called "90 day return policy" the receipt I got after purchase had absolutely no mention of this policy. It does take diligence, but if more of us fight these companies will realize they can't treat consumers like trash.

#781949

I purchased a chain at walmart that reads 10k gold in Oct. 2013.

I took it off to clean it and its peeling and changing colors.

So today FEB 4 2014 I GOOGLE INFO ABOUT THIS PRODUCT AND WANTS WORLD TO KNOW THAT THIS PRODUCT IS FAKE! GO TO A REAL JEWLREY STORE

IHateStupidCustomers

well anonymous, according to you, informing the public is the first course of action. Walmart wouldn't accept my old coupon! I shall force family and friends to not shop there, post about it on Facebook and Pissed Consumer, put it in the newspaper and cause a riot outside of Walmart.

While I understand you trying to inform the public about the necklace you bought being fake, isn't this a matter you should take up with law enforcement and Wal-Mart's lawyers by your attorney? If a major retailer is engaging in fraud and deceipt, you surely have a legal case against them.

Of course, your time here isn't wasted, but you really should bring charges against the Wal-Mart Corporation. No store can get away with deceptive practices when you can prove your case against them.

marylou77733
@Anonymous

As far as just dealing with walmart it is a waste of time. They don't care how many complaints they have they can afford it.