False Advertisement on Walmart.com

1900 of 4959 Walmart reviews

On Saturday Feb 14 it was advertised on Walmart.com that Bumblebee Chicken Salad w/ crackers was on sale for 1.00 per case due to roll back. I ordered two cases and paid a total of 7.98 with shipping. I check out the order today (Sunday) and see that the weight is not correct on the Fedex site. I call Walmart.com and am told that it was a typo on the site and they will not honor the price they had advertised. Instead of contacting me about the issue, they sent me 2 individual packages which is what what I would normally get for 2.00. I was told that I would only get a refund if I refused the order and it would take up to 7 days for the refund to show up. Then they sent me an email to sign stating I will refuse the order and once I sign the refund process will begin.

Ive had issues with Walmart.com before and swore I would never shop there again. But when I heard of this deal I could not pass it up.

Not only do they ship out what they want without contacting me, I feel they should have to honor the sale as it was stated on the website.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• False advertising

Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Bumble Bee Chicken Salad
Review category
Advertising
review #595626 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 8 No 8
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
1900 of 4959 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 19 #1201140 Pompano Beach, Florida, United States

They currently are advertising a dash camera with 32 megabyte memory card included 41695 I ordered 3 and all they sent me was the memory card claiming no responsibility for the false advertising but if I want to take the time I can send the cards back and get a refund

0 0 Reply

Aug 29, 2015 #1026994

You HAD to know it was a typo! I don't shop at Wal Mart as a matter of conscience BUT I'm on their side regarding your complaint.

0 1 Reply

Jul 01, 2015 #1002103

THESE ARE WIRED

0 0 Reply

Feb 16, 2015 #946274 Troy, Michigan, United States

if you normally get one pack for a dollar,Why would you think that you can get 12 for one dollar? LOL this is your very own mistake

8 2 Reply

Feb 16, 2015 #946362 Topeka, Kansas, United States

It was Walmart, the ad looked real so I (and a lot of others) thought we had found a really good deal. If there was any indication that the ad was not real, I wouldnt have done it. I dont see how its my fault for not being able to see what the person really meant. I took it at its face value.

2 1 Reply

Jul 01, 2015 #1002206 Orange, California, United States

Maybe you should have shown a parent the ad before getting your hopes up. An adult like your parents would know this was a mistake, but a three year old like yourself with less experience would not.

2 1 Reply
anonymous

Feb 15, 2015 #946222

You should have used the brain the good Lord gave you and been able to figure out you wouldn't receive 12 boxes for $1.00. You should also have been able to figure out it was a type. Anybody should be able to figure that out.

7 2 Reply

Feb 15, 2015 #946255 Topeka, Kansas, United States

Really? And how was I to know that when it clearly said Rollback? Maybe they ordered too many and wanted to get rid of them. If you cant be nice, then shut up.

1 7 Reply

Jul 01, 2015 #1002207

No need to be rude when you are the one making the mistakes. Do your parents know you posted this review?

1 1 Reply

Jul 01, 2015 #1002208

1 1 Reply

Feb 16, 2015 #946363 Topeka, Kansas, United States

I apologize for telling you to shut up. I cant tell what it should have said. I saw what it did say and took it as face value. Did I know it was a great deal? Sure did, thats why I ordered some. Did I ever question Walmart as to why they were on sale? Nope. As long as they arent expired, I dont care. Just pass the savings on to me and I took it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×