In September 2014, I opened a Walmart "12-month deferred interest" credit card account and I made a $545.00 purchase. In November 2014, I made a second purchase in the amount of $900.59, and was aware that this purchase did not fall under the deferred interest.

To date, I have made over $1400 in payments. On 5/17/16, I noticed my statement had incurred a $101.00 charge under the new interest rate of 23%. I contacted customer service and spent 35 minutes on the phone with Ann who tells me that the $1400 I have paid did not actually go towards the deferred interest purchase, but went towards the $900.59 purchase.

I asked how am I receiving the no interest promotion if my payments are being applied to the interest purchase, but Ann could not explain it, so I asked for a supervisor, and that's when it happened.....the call was disconnected. pbrantley63@hotmail.com

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to "remove the 24% interest rate, as the first purchase of $545.00 has been paid" as the author lost $96. The author is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. The most disappointing about walmart credit card from Walmart was charged 23 percent interest on a deferred interest credit card , but reviewer liked irritating. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments