Mcalester, Oklahoma

I was sent a Wal-Mart credit card in the mail and the enclosed brochure stated that if I activated and used the card on the same day of activating it and making a purchase of $75.00 or more I would receive a $25.00 Credit reward. I made a purchase of over $150.00 on the day I activated it and the cashier assured me it would show a $25.00 deduction on my first statement.

(This was at the Stigler Oklahoma Wal-Mart Store.) The credit never was given, I called customer service twice about this and they assured me it was an oversight on their part and it would show up by the second statement. Well, it never did! I paid the first statement in full so there wouldn't be any excuses on their part. The credit never showed up and I paid the second statement in full and closed the account.

I feel that this would never have happened if Sam Walton was still living and I think Wal-Mart died along with him as far as reputation goes. I used to trust Wal-Mart but those days are gone for good it seems. They have excellent employees in our area and it's a shame the employees can't find better employers than Wal-Mart.

If anyone else has had a bad experience with Wal-Mart's fraudulent credit card advertising, you are not alone.

(I have sent the above complaint to Consumer Affairs.)

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

AskSynchrony

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 2315_PC_Anonymous**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your Synchrony Financial account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at ask.synchrony@synchronyfinancial.com with your name and phone number.

A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

Synchrony Financial

The way I understood when I investigated it more was that you only got the credit after a certain period of time and only if the account was in good standing, which mine wasn't because of the time of the month the statement arrived and was due.