I was sent a Wal-Mart credit card in the mail and the enclosed brochure stated that if I activated and used the card on the same day of activating it and making a purchase of $75.00 or more I would receive a $25.00 Credit reward. I made a purchase of over $150.00 on the day I activated it and the cashier assured me it would show a $25.00 deduction on my first statement.

(This was at the Stigler Oklahoma Wal-Mart Store.) The credit never was given, I called customer service twice about this and they assured me it was an oversight on their part and it would show up by the second statement. Well, it never did! I paid the first statement in full so there wouldn't be any excuses on their part. The credit never showed up and I paid the second statement in full and closed the account.

I feel that this would never have happened if Sam Walton was still living and I think Wal-Mart died along with him as far as reputation goes. I used to trust Wal-Mart but those days are gone for good it seems. They have excellent employees in our area and it's a shame the employees can't find better employers than Wal-Mart.

If anyone else has had a bad experience with Wal-Mart's fraudulent credit card advertising, you are not alone.

(I have sent the above complaint to Consumer Affairs.)

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $25. This person is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

AskSynchrony
Dayton, Ohio, United States #940662

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 2315_PC_Anonymous**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your Synchrony Financial account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at ask.synchrony@synchronyfinancial.com with your name and phone number.

A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

Synchrony Financial

The way I understood when I investigated it more was that you only got the credit after a certain period of time and only if the account was in good standing, which mine wasn't because of the time of the month the statement arrived and was due.