13600 S Alden St, Olathe, KS 66062, USA
1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I went to Walmart in Olathe, KS and purchase a gift card. Added $500 to the gift card and my funds were gone the next day.

All the transactions were from a store in CA. They refused to investigate it and to give me a refund. They said the gift card policy state they are not held liable for any gift card lost or stolen, and that is including if my card information was stolen. Worst experience in my life.

I advise everyone to stay away from the gift cards.

I am a single parent of two small children and can not afford to have money stolen from me. It is really disappointing that Walmart cannot do anything about it and did not give me my refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Walmart Pros: Walmart was ok prior to this.

Walmart Cons: How i felt when i left the store, Employee, Gift card policy.

Comments

"I advise everyone to stay away from the gift cards."

Aye, a good tip to follow. This is the truth as this is policy at any store you purchase the gift cards.

Too many scams and fraudulence, especially in the case of money laundering,has pretty much abolished any chance of gift card returns.

Honestly, I don't even see why retail stores even sell them. They don't even make a profit off the sales, and the customers who find an issue with them are less likely to be a returning customer.