1.5K views

My grandma gifted all of her grandkids a 25$ walmart gift card Visa. Out of 10 cards, only 3 worked.

When I tried to register my card online by entering the 16 digit number and 3 digit security code it states that the card is "Invalid". Don't know if walmart is scamming people or a specific employee. A couple of my cousins took their cards into customer service and were unable to get the money because they did not have the receipt.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

I received a $50.00 Walmart gift card from my brother for Christmas in 2017. I have never used the card because I just keep forgetting I have it.

On day in the Spring of 2019, I remembered that I had it while checking out at Walmart and was so happy to use it. Well, I swiped the card and the register girl told me the card was declined, and that I needed to register it. Well, I have attempted to register it and check my balance on the Walmartgift.com and I am give a message that states "invalid gift card information". So I then call the number on the back of the card and I am not given the option to speak to a customer service representative.

My brother who lives in Louisiana buys gift cards from Walmart every year for his siblings and I will be telling him never buy from Walmart again. They are scammers with these stupid gift cards. My brother has lost tons of money and the family has not been able to benefit from the gift cards.

Walmart sucks for allowing this scam to go on and on. They were probably made in China, a country that is not adverse to scams....

FinishedGreyMouseLemur355

Exact same thing happened to me !

Why not just go to the bank and get a whole bunch of brand new never before circulated one dollar bills and give them as gifts??? They'd be less likely to spend them all in one place!

OmniscientCrab325

Yes same thing happened to me. $340 gone just like that!!

I called the card while I was still in walmart after I paid for it and it said invalid. I'm so pissed off

Same thing happened to me with a $100 wedding gift card from 6/2017.

just happened to me to like wtf smh .. this company going under business soon lol

The same thing is happening to me. Somebody gonna give me my money or

I bought a 40 dollar gift card today. Said activating in progress.

Then card number invalid on website. When I called the number to check balance after about the 10th try it said I had a 40 dollar balance.

But still saying invalid card online. *** me off to say the least:

Just bought a $200 card and the walmartgift site says card is activating and the number on the card says invalid card number. WTF??

Same thing happened here too. Says card number is invalid and Walmart is no help

Wow!!! There's no better way to say "I really don't love you" than to buy a gift card from Walmart rather than give you $25 in cash. Maybe grandma was afraid, if she gave you cash, that you'd use it on ***

@Anonymous

On behalf of OP **** yourself with those ***’s That was just an ignorant self satisfying thing to say. You don’t know this person.

Get a life. I’m on here looking for information because I have the same issue. You? Just here to degrade your fellow man?

Damn I’m out 400 and I’m not sure if Walmart or you have ***ed me off more. ***clown

@Anonymous

You are really a piece of *** You have nothing better to do than insult someone seeking help? Why are u even on this site?

@Anonymous

and maybe nobody needs you to tell them how they should or shouldn't spend their money. Clearly you wouldn't understand it is the 'thought that counts' if that bites you onto the butt.