Verified Reviewer

2.3

June 15, 2021

I received a Walmart gift card from my brother as a Christmas present. I registered the card on my Walmart.com account.

I made several purchases with the card and I could look on Walmart.com and see the history of my card usage.

I gave the card to my wife to buy gas, on a trip alone, at Murphy Oil stations that are located at some Walmart stores. She could not use the card. I contacted Walmart customer service and was told the card was canceled because the balance was checked too frequently. I was told to send a picture of the card and the receipt.

The card was a gift I have no Receipt. I have proof that it is mine from registering the card many months earlier, but they dont care. They have stolen $114.26 from me and there is nothing I can do. I have done nothing wrong and they have no right to take my money.

They can prove this is my card by looking at the history of purchases but no receipt no money. This smells real bad. Someone at Walmart or Walmart is making a lot of money by scamming just like the scammers.

The frequent balance checking occurred because Murphy oil had changed the procedure at the pump from a quick in and out of the card to a push the card in and wait until the screen says to remove the card. My wife, unaware of of the change, kept pushing the card in and out quickly as she was accustomed to doing.

Each time she did this the balance was checked. This must be happening to many other people.

User's recommendation: Do not buy Walmart gift Cards - especially for gifts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Preferred solution: My card reactivated or my money back..

Comments