1.8
Ease of Use

Several friends got together last year to order a Little Tykes Turtle sandbox from Walmart.com for my kid for Christmas, not realizing we already had one. I tried to return it several weeks later, was told I had to do it in-store, so I lugged this very large box 40 minutes up the road to the Legion Rd Walmart in Denton, MD.

We were told by the customer service rep there that they could not accept returns from Walmart.com, we had to do it online. So we had to drag the sandbox home, were again informed on Walmart.com that this had to be done instore. We tried again at the Easton, MD Walmart, and were told by that customer service rep that he didn't know how process it, and to try coming back the next day when someone else was there! I went a few more rounds on Walmart.com, to no avail, and tried one more time several weeks ago to return it to the Denton Walmart, where I was told that they could accept returns from Walmart.com, but I needed the purchaser's email/phone number.

I don't know which one of the group made the actual purchase, and I didn't ask because I don't want them to know I'm returning it, I don't want anyone's feelings hurt. So once again, I had to take this thing back home. Today, I spoke with an employee and their supervisor on the Walmart.com chat, and was told that unless I provide the purchaser's information, there "is no option" to help me because I should have taken care of this months ago. WHAT???

Right now, there are the same green turtle sandboxes on Walmart shelves everywhere, and they refuse to take this one back and simply exchange it for a toy my kid doesn't already have!

This has been the most infuriating experience. Anyone thinking of sending a gift this holiday via Walmart.com DON'T DO IT!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Preferred solution: exchange.