I am pissed off about all of the people getting ripped off on Wal-Mart gift cards. Someone said that they were going to contact the news station to do an expose on it.

I agree with you that you should contact the news station. There's nothing like exposing bad service and products on a television new program to see some results be made in correcting the problem. I don't see why people don't just give some nice brand new cash instead of giving gift cards. Once, I went to the bank in Ashland, Oregon and they let me trade two one hundred dollar bills for one hundred, crisp brand new two dollar bills, that had never been in circulation.

I had fun seeing all the looks of joy on everyone's face who I gave them to and hearing them tell me how rare it was to get one and how glad they were to get them. I am sure that someone would be tickled pink to receive 25 brand new two dollar bills than to receive a $50 Wal-Mart gift card that may or may not have already been hacked.

It's just like with greeting cards. I would much rather receive a homemade one-of-a-kind greeting card that someone had taken the time and thought into making just for me, than to receive one that they paid $5 for at a drug store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Comments

Two Dollar bills are fun. A school child here was detained by the school for attempting to pass one - the fools declared it counterfeit - as did the police - until a banker cleared up the mess.

Idiots don't even know what is currently printed by the BEP. (Bureau of Engraving and Printing, located in D.C. and Fort Worth Texas. Can you imagine holding a grade school child while the police grill him about $2 ?

That would become a federal case with me very quickly : read the inscription "This Note Is Legal Tender For All Debts, Public And Private". They are not rare though seldom seen, there is a Series currently being printed.

to Anonymous #1590378

Good example of stupidity in schools. No wonder that we are losing ground to China and India.

to Anonymous #1593095

I remember reading about a customer going through the drive through at a fast food joint and giving the employee a counterfeit $200 bill with George W. Bush's face on the front of it, and the dense employee gave the customer change for the bill. I thought that it was Hilarious.