214 views
Verified Reviewer

2.2

I'm a business owner licensed in 8 states which I travel extensively and shop at the Walmarts in all of them. However, I live in Kingman, Az., and the Walmart here is pure trash.

They've had 5 managers in the 5 years I've been here, and there's apparently a continuing problem in general with this store. For example, whenever I go to buy beer at the Kingman store they insist on checking my ID. I'm 62 years old and clearly old enough to buy beer, but their store policy insists they check my ID..... EVERY TIME.

Same person checking my ID EVERY TIME.....AND THEY INSIST THAT i ACTUALLY PULL IT OUT OF THE WALLET FOR THEM, RATHER THAN JUST READING THE CLEARLY VISIBLE DATE THROUGH THE WALLET WINDOW!!!! No OTHER WALMART LOCATION ANYWHERE I GO DOES THIS CRAP! Apparently there is just no common sense with these people, and they have absolutely no respect for their customers. I've spent thousands of dollars in that store, and I am done now.

I will order my big ticket items through Amazon from now on, and I'll buy my beer at another location.

That so called "store manager" in Kingman, Az. can kiss my you know what.....checkoutcheckout NO MORE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 3396 N Stockton Hill Rd, Kingman, AZ 86409

Comments

Actually, when they act that way it doesn't make me feel like dirt. I feel like I have just handled something filthy, like taking out some stinky garbage to the trash can, but it doesn't make me think that I have no value. I "consider the source" and then I just smile and laugh and thank my lucky stars that it is they who work at Mart of Dollar store and not me.

When they have you pull your license out do they swipe it through the register? Many stores require the license be swiped through the register to both verify the age on the ID and also to verify the ID was checked to complete the transaction.

Doing this protects the business from heavy fines and the possibility of loosing their liquor license if they don't check ID's. Seems like a 62 year old business owner ought to know there are plenty of regulations imposed by various states that you need to follow to protect your business.

@PissedConsumer1823241

No they didn't do that. It was purely a power trip.

Walmart Reviews