3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had the same problem. It started when I received an email from Walmart saying my account information had been updated on November 15, 2016.

(Photo attached) Problem was I never updated anything on my account. When I tried to log in I was told my password was invalid. When I tried to recover my password (Photo Attached) it said my email was invalid. I called Walmart customer service and the knothead on the other end of the phone told me I had a trial account which expired after one year.

The only problem with that was, I had been using that account for at least six years or more. The Walmart customer service knothead instructed me to create a new account so I could continue using their service. Problem is, I lost my savings catcher balance by doing so. I used the Walmart on-line customer service portal to ask what would be done about this twice.

To date I have heard nothing from Walmart concerning my hijacked account and savings catcher balance. I had close to $40.00 in my account and want the following. 1 - I want to know how my account was compromised.

2 - Why their customer service is so incompetent and unresponsive. 3 - My balance restored to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Savings Catcher Rewards Program.

Walmart Cons: Incopetent and unresponsive customer srevice.

• Savings Catcher Hacked

Comments

Use the same password for multiple websites?

AZ_Curt
@Anonymous

I use separate passwords for anything financial I do online. I also change then twice a year. Having been in the IT business since the mid 80's you learn really fast that using the same password for everything is a huge no no.

My account was hacked also. I only had a few dollars on my SavingsCatcher but still it *** me off that my account information was changed.

I called Walmart 3 times.

The first 2 times it sounded like I was speaking with someone in India and they were absolutely no help at all. The third time I might have got someone in the US and they found my old account and notified that it was compromised.