Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Update by user Dec 02, 2020

No response ...didnt expect any

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2020

I purchased a Disney frozen power wheels Mercedes online. Initially I did not want to purchase online as most of the reviews had complaints about damage on arrival with shipping.

I called all the stores near my home to verify whether the item was in stock with no luck (even though the app and website said they had 1 or a few at each store) reluctantly I purchased to have shipped to my home. This was November 20th. Fast-forward to my expected delivery date of November 27th I waited patiently all day until I realized .its obviously not coming today ( FedEx and ups cut off time is 9pm) called customer service to ask where my order was and was then told I need to call back in 24-48 hours, so they can tell me my updated delivery date because my item was delayed or on back order. "Ok, I never received any emails about a back order, I never received any communication other than your delivery date is 11/27".

I waited until this morning 11/30. Called to speak with customer service who now tells me my item is out of stock and I should have received an email, I said "no it still says delivery pending". Was informed he would cancel my order for me and I would receive my money back. I told them "DO NOT cancel this order I can't purchase it anywhere in store ( I'll add here...since my original purchase now the app and website were updated to say " in store purchase only") as your previous rep said it will be delivered when available" .

I asked to speak with a supervisor was told I would receive a call back....no call received. I called again was told this time that when I ordered it was out of stock...? How did you give me a delivery date, and then tell me its delayed and then tell me I never really purchased it but I have confirmation email and my card was billed? The story changed to ...the order wasn't processed right..and well now unfortunately since we messed up it is out of stock.."so wait...you sold my item to someone else because you didn't process my order right and now it is unavailable for me to purchase online?"...I was a little more than PISSED at this point.

I asked to speak with someone of potentially higher intelligence as I've had 3 different stories now and my app says I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

So I call again, apparently the 1st person I spoke with this morning DID cancel my back ordered order (after I repeatedly told him not to do so) and the solution to this is a 25.00 promo code and were sorry that this happened to you but we can't reorder it or undo the cancellation...(no wait what about the disappointed 4-year-old on Christmas morning who wanted this so badly and now I can not purchase online or in store??). Another stellar example of Walmarts incompetent sales and customer service team at its finest...walmart you suck.

User's recommendation: Just dont buy from walmart...ever...for any reason.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walmart Cons: Horrible customer service, Inaccurate counts on in stock items, Frequently canceled transactions due to stock issues, No ability to get a resolve with customer issues.

Comments