2.5

I was entering the store today and an employee began to scream and berate me. Telling me I was not going to enter the store without a mask.

I am an old woman who chooses not to watch the news and so was not aware of the fact that the city had passed a ruling about them. I asked for a mask not seeing them around and the woman still screaming said I needed to go get one and I said I can't enter the store to get one because I don't have one. Yet I have to have one to enter the store what a catch 22. She, still yelling said "go home and get a scarf or bandana" At that I told her that since I am not a professional thief I do not find it necessary to carry a large amount of mask material at my home.

She screamed "You have to have something" I said no because I have COPD and can't breathe with something over my face I am lucky to breathe without. All this time people are entering leaving the store watching this young lady screaming at me. I have seldom in my years ever felt so berated and humiliated.

If it is the store policy that you have to have one the least they could do is have them at the door. I have left the number of people who shop at walmart and will not return

User's recommendation: Think twice before going to a store that treats their constant shoppers like trash.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Location: 1317 N Main St, Summerville, SC 29483

Comments

You were the one that is wrong. I do not see why they owe you an apology.

If anyone should be apologizing it should be you. Why should they have them at the store because you are not keeping up with what is going on in the world.

It sounds like an awful lot of negotiating happened on your part. The employee doesnt want any conflict.

Deep down you know he/she said "you need a mask to enter." That should have been the end of it. You needed to turn around and leave to either a) shop elsewhere or b) go get a mask. You chose c) i will argue my way in.

Your age, copd, being unaware of requirement and fake catch-22 of "you wont let me in to buy a mask" were all excuses he is not allowed to accept. You wasted his time.

Here's some news for you. A senior citizen with COPD is at greater risk of dying from the virus than most people.

You should avoid busy stores like Walmart.

Yes, even people with COPD can get used to wearing a mask. It is rather unbelievable that a person would want to be ignorant about what is going on in the world around then and not pay attention to at least an occasional newscast.

@PissedConsumer1890446

I find worse is that this "grown woman" is in the wrong and yet thinks they should apologize. She may be elderly but she behaves like she is.7.

Walmart Reviews