Little Falls, New Jersey

Crazy. At Christmas time I purchased an ipod touch 5th gen as well as the warranty service.

My son shattered the screen. I filed a claim with WARRANTY LOGISITCS on may 12th. I checked the online status and heard nothing since the 20th. I called on Friday the 31st, they were waiting on a part.

it will be 48 hours for them to give me status. Well its June 3rd and the update is, they will make a decision in 3 to 5 days on what they are going to do. Reimburse me or send me a new one.

NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I BUY FROM WALMART. IT'S JUST A SUB-PAR STORE WITH WORSE SERVICE.

Comments

This is why I buy apple parts from apple or third party websites and do the repairs my self. These *** don't know *** when it comes to fixing stuff.

@Anonymous

Never again and they did send me a full refund

Actually walmart sucks and so does their warranty service, since there is a fee for the warranty and then there is a fee for the service after all the fee and charges you could purchase a new one. Screens being cracked etc are common on ipads and phones. Good luck you'll need it dealing with all the red tape.

Actually warranties for any product for any service do not cover negligent damage such as dropping it or your dog eating it . They cover manufacturer defects only.

On the flip side many companies walmart included will offer replacement or insurance plans that would cover those such things. So depending on what was actually purchased with the product it may or may not be a valid claim.

@Actually

Thanks. That's what this is.

I purchased it specifically for this reason. I'm sure any smart consumer would spend the extra money for it. Anyway, the process is just unacceptable. If I would have bought this from apple I could have purchased the same plan @ $99 for 3 years and the turn around time would have been a week.

This is already 3 weeks and another week for a decision. This is why I'm pissed.

So to answer South Dakota. I have the insurance in case it was dropped or whatever negligence was caused by my son.

I don't understand how you think the fact that your son shattered the screen, would be under warranty. I would think something like that would be your responsibility-----it sure as the world couldn't be considered a defect.

@anonymous

If its under the warranty then it's valid. Thanks Walmart Employee

@Uhh

there is a difference between warranty and INSURANCE. Warranties cover things that could not be prevented like defects and recalls. insurance covers the customers irresponsibility or neglegence