Newmarket, Ontario

Thursday evening, international payday and as usual Wal-Mart cashiers were understaffed in Newmarket Ontario. 100 customers and 3 cashiers. It was 10pm and the store was open until 11pm. There was an employee standing in line defending this abuse. This is typical corporate gouging. This has been going on for years at Wal-Mart. I have had the misfortune of experiencing this common issue all over Ontario Canada, so it is a common practice at Wal-Mart.

This store is constantly busy so excuses for sending cashiers home is nothing more than a lie. For the thousands of dollars going through the till, there is no reason to short staff your employees and treat your customers with such blatant disregard. I will say I have been fed up with this nonsense and unnecessary penny pinching always at the employee and consumer level. I was there to appease a friend, but I certainly won't do it again.

Your degrading attitude is disgusting and your prices are no longer competitive in most areas and have never been in your grocery department anyway. I hope the uprise against this corporation and its so called competitors explode. Who wants a retailer ruling the world anyway.

Enough is Enough

Reason of review: quit blaming your front line employees, these are corporate decisions.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Cons: Repetitive under staffing at customers time and expense.

Comments

musicman88

Maybe a lot of people called in sick? That happens. I would direct your anger at those who didn't come to work.