Verified Reviewer

I used Moneygram (online) to send $500 to a friend in Mexico, Received an email a few minutes later saying transaction had been canceled....no reason. I had already given my friend the "code" they provide so my friend could pick up the cash in Mexico.

It's very hard to send $$$ to Mexico and most of the time it's expensive. This was only going to cost $8.

I called to see why they cancelled the transaction and was told I had to be AT a Moneygram location to make the transaction. Why would it have gone through in the first place if that was the case. The $500 is out of my bank account and now they're saying it could take 10 days for it to be refunded!!!!

I called a second time and the person I spoke with (in South America) had no idea about having to be at a Moneygram location in order to do the transaction but no one could still give me a reason. The third time was the charm.....then I tried to do a "chat" with an expert to see if I could get someone who spoke English and who could give me an answer. I got forwarded to a page that I could "join" for only $1 and get my answer in minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine how much money they can make on 10 days of interest if they make the interest on every cancelled transaction that they cancel for no reason??????????????? This doesn't make any sense....

I think this is a scam and Walmart should not use them. I'd like an answer.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE MONEYGRAM.

Comments