Layout of Store

That saying seem to only work on TV. Every time I go into Walmart it seems like the employees are the boss and I am their subordinate.

I have basically been called a liar a many number of times that I cannot even keep count. I seem to have to scream at the top of my lungs sometimes just to get an employees attention to ask a simple question. Today I wanted to complain that I couldn't find a fresh piece of cauliflower in the produce department and the employee didn't even acknowledge at all despite being right by.

I finally waved my arm like "hello" just to get his attention. He said there were no more cauliflower.

Comments

I wouldn't help you either! If I saw some crazy loon screaming at the top of their lungs I'd stay as far away from them as possible.

You need professional help.

@You sound crazy

So how much does Walmart pay you?

"The customer is always right" was never a rule written in stone. Yes, without the customer the store would not exist but that does not make the customer infallible.

I patronize many different retailers and have seen so many customers acting foolish and then using that phrase like it's the law or something. A customer screaming at the top of their lungs because they can't find cauliflower would be a prime example of a time when a customer is very much not right. That saying was not invented just so grown adults could throw temper tantrums and get away with it. You say that the employees were right by, but did you open you're mouth to politely let them know you needed help before waving you're arms like a crazy person?

The employees are not mind readers, and cannot tell that you need help, or need to complain, just because you are standing there.

And if there's no more cauliflower, then there's no more cauliflower. The associates are not magic people who can make cauliflower appear out of their bums any more than you are.

No. The customer is not always right.

@Anonymous

Without the customer there would be no business. So yes, the customer is always right even when they are wrong.

@Anonymous

" The customer is always right even when wrong" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That doesn't even make sense. It's just something the immature customers say to try to get their way when they know they're wrong.

@Anonymous

It is truth. The customer is royalty.

They can fire the whole company simply by taking their business elsewhere.

Remember that. That was from a phrase used by Sam Walton himself.