If Walmart pharmacies are so overworked that I could not get a pharmacist or tech on the line, at three different stores, for over an hour, then pity the person who actually uses prescriptions filled there. I would DOUBLE CHECK everything from their pharmacies., I am a health care provider, and I will never use walmart to fill my prescriptions.

If walmart wants to work their pharmacy staff as if they live in a third world country, then maybe they should do what so many other companies have done, and send their stores overseas. I reinterate, do not use walmart to fill prescriptions in North Carolina.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pharmacist.

Comments

I work at a Wal-Mart pharmacy in my community in Ohio and have never heard any complaints like this. Most pharmacies in our area make you wait on hold for about 10-15 minutes or so average when you need to talk to the pharmacist (especially when there's only one on duty), but I've never heard of anyone holding for over an hour.

If we're REALLY busy, we direct health care providers to our voicemail system to leave a message. Maybe you should report it to 1-800-wal-mart...