4.3

I was physically detained as I was leaving the store because I didn't like the way I was asked to show my receipt. It was more a command than a request.

I went through a cashier operated check stand where I asked and paid for a small bag of Ice. The ice is between the register and the door. The person that detained me when I was leaving grabbed a hold of my cart with one hand and took the bag of ice with the other demanding proof that I didn't steal it. I told her several times that I paid for everything in my cart and I wanted to leave She wouldn't release my cart or return my ice.

I asked to speak with a manager who was already approaching. She wasn't going to let me go either. It wasn't until I reached for my phone and told them I was calling the police that the manager told the lady to give back the ice and let me go, stating it isn't worth it. I was humiliated in front of everyone.

and was told by the employee that I wasn't allowed to shop there anymore. I'm in advance stage of Parkinsons Disease, which is why I shop late at night. As I was leaving the parking lot I realized I was in no condition to drive. I had to call my wife and ask her to come and get me.

My wife has this Thursday off.

She is going to take me to the courthouse And help me file a lawsuit. This has been one of the most demeaning situations I've ever been put through.

User's recommendation: Don't allow Walmart or any other business to question your integrity or challenge your constitutional rights.

Location: Rancho Cordova, California

Comments

#2003878

Why are you making a big deal about this? You paid at the register then grabbed the ice as you were leaving. What a snowflake!

#2003871

Easy solution.. Shop elsewhere.

Show them or stay out.. Your choice

Walmart Reviews