Houston, Texas

I visited the store in the afternoon on

September 4, 2013 and was RIPPED OFF $5. My bill came to $5.10.

I gave the cashier $10. He asked if I had .10 and I said no but here's $.25. Soooo he actually got $10.25 from me. He gave my change of $.15 and the receipt.

I took four steps and realized I did not get $5 back. I step back to ask for my $5 and his reply was,"you gave me $5.25. I had no 5's in my coin purse only one $20 bill and five $10 bills. Long story short I talked to a supervisor who said they checked the camera and he only saw where we had a short exchange of words, that was asking for $.10.

The two managers said they checked the camera and his register was not over. I know what I gave and I know what I did not get back. I suppose the cashiers get some kind of award for "short Changing" us.

I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY IN WALMART. NOT ONLY ARE THE CASHIERS CROOKS BUT THE MANAGERS STAND BY THEM.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

For any money issues whether questioned by the customer or the employee, I tend to believe having a manager count the drawer answers the question. Of course, it does take time, but it does solve the problem most of the time. Regardless, I don't know how Wal-Mart operates, so I don't know if they have that ability.

They showed proof that you gave the cashier $5.25 and not $10.25. Admit that you made a mistake and get on with your life.

cashiers do not get rewarded for overages, its a write up. They dont want your lousy $5.00 and walmart certainly doesnt need it.

If you had the receipt it would have shown the amount that you gave, and the amount of change you should receive. In fact the register would have told the cashier how much you had coming.

There is something wrong with your story and the last three-four lines of your complaint says a lot about your attitude.

@anonymous

I had my receipt. The cashier showed $5.25 as the amount given him.

I usually watch them but I did not this time. I knew it was $10 because I had the five bills folded together. Had I not been surprised by the cashier response, I would have thought to asked him to open the drawer to show him the bill from my purse. By the time I left the register and spoke with the supervisor???, too much time had passed.

My attitude is thieves work for WALMART, thank God I put my time in, retired and enjoying it but not wanting to give one cent away. Thanks for your comment.