I am curious how many people are injured at Walmart each year and how many have to get the run-around like the one that I am receiving. I was shopping at Walmart one day summer 2006 when I went to put a box (4 six packs) of bottles in my cart.

The box had been cut around the top which I did not notice until after the fact and the handles gave out when I picked up the box. The box fell to the floor and somehow a piece of glass managed to slice my leg open (2 1/2 inches long and deep enough to require stitches).

The store contacted me to settle the matter with a measley $150.00 but instead of sending the check they sent me release papers with no check expecting me to sign the release and wait on the check. Needless to say I did not and am still arguing with the company about the compensation they owe me for the scar that I have permanently imprinted on my leg due to their failure to display items in the appropriate and safe manner.

Comments

I fell Dec 26 in south point Walmart. A lady ran into me.

As I was going out. One door interning. One goes out. I bruised my rib.

Knee. Shoulder.cant work.

Life turn upside down. And no one cares

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1336584

This happened in 2006? You appear to expect far more than you deserve.

Walmart was offering you $150 for your inconvenience, and your health insurance most likely would have paid for the office call to the doctor if you needed stitches, etc.

Thus, basically a fast $150. Sorry, no sympathy here, mate.

Walmart did a very similar thing to me and it happen on camera by a employee. But they were not responsible.

So now I ask what to do. I have a scar on my ankle from glass and cuts they never took photos of. I have been toldany different things and it is all a game. Walmart is a miserable co.

That get away with a little of injury claims . They denie all most of them.

Find-a-new-country
to Anonymous #1538969

Soooo sorry. I pray you find a way to move past it.

It's horrible the way the companies that got rich off OUR hard earned money now don't feel they owe anything to the society that placed them in their current tax bracket.

It is just devastating to see what my country is becoming. Doesn't seem to be anything more than money hungry states, egotistical corporate giants whom are still so greedy that they have stooped to unbelievable lows to maximize their profits, unfortunately that includes bleeding the American public.

Tash - Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Haaaaaaaaaaaa

Being that I actually work for WalMart, I can tell you that all claims are processed through our insurance company. CMI.

We do not offer checks and compensation through any other way in the case of injury.

At the point in time that we as a store file a claim with our insurance then we as a store our no longer involved in the process and the insurance company handles all further proceedings. I'm sorry your particular experience was not what you hoped for, but the store itself has no control over how insurance handles your claim.

I received the same treatment. It seems you just need to get a lawyer up front.I used to always shop at Walmart, now I am spreading the word about how unfair the claims settlement is.I am no longer shopping there. They really lost a good customer in me.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134583

Okay everyone needs to put their guns back in the gun holder, calm down and play nicely.

*** you SHANNON, I don't need you sticking up for me like I am a child. IT is people like you who make me drink.

GHOSTBUSTER YOU'RE AN ***!!! HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE'S 9 OR THAT SHE DIDN'T FOLLOW "PROCEDURE" WHO NEEDS INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PICK SOMETHING UP? LEARN TO READ, WERE YOU SMOKING CRACK WHEN YOU MADE THAT COMMENT OR HAVE THE GHOSTS IN YOUR HEAD FINALLY GOTTEN TO YOU?

150 doesnt cover it. i know you would need to sign papers but i wouldnt do it for 150.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #16600

You don't follow procedures you don't get the check. Where were your parents when this happened. Surely they would not let a nine year old that cannot follow instructions to get a check shop alone.