1.9K views 53 comments

People Google this Walmart at 9500 Clifford Road in Fort Worth Texas and you will find they have MANY complaints about Appalling customer service. I have never seen a Walmart with store employees who will say anything, humiliate anyone, just because they feel like it.

I went into this Walmart the other day and after shopping decided I needed to make a quick call and walked over to the customer service desk. I asked the customer service manager if I could use the courtesy phone and she said yes and then walked off. When I was using the phone the lone agent behind the counter started loudly grumbling about my having used the phone. When I was still on the phone (the call was only 3 minutes long) she then loudly said "it IS a business phone you know" rudely interrupting my phone call.

I told her the manager had given me permission to use the phone. A white guy walked up right behind me and used the phone and she said NOTHING. She too herself was white. Not saying its racial but we were treated very different.

After I got off the phone I asked to speak to a manager. They called up Saprina Garcia the assistant store manager. She came up and I started to tell her I was unhappy about how rude the agent acted with me and she was dismissive of my complaint from the start and acted like she didn't care. I then asked for the number to the market team manager which every Walmart has one. She told me they didn't have one. I asked for a number to a higher up and she stated I was to call 1-800-Walmart which is a very general number and I have never been able to reach anyone on that number as I have called it regarding online purchases several times.

Ms. Garcia had grown frustrated during our exchange and I asked if I could speak with another manager at which point she stated she didn't like my tone and if I didn't watch my tone of voice she would "throw me out the store", her words exactly. This stopped me in my tracks because my tone was fine and there was no reason for her to take that stance with me.

I then asked for my money back. I didn't want to purchase the items from their store and had not left the store and was still holding my receipt. Walmart's STORE POLICY which is WRITTEN and is therefore until they change it a LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT (stores are sued all the time for not following their WRITTEN policies) states that merchandise can be returned if the customer still has the receipt and in the case of food purchases had "NOT LEFT THE STORE". Ms. Saprina Garcia didn't care about this and basically said "no, we won't help you".

She then stated for me to call the 1-800 number and I mentioned in an offhand way I didn't want to call that *** number" and I said this LOW not loud and that I wanted a real number at which point she totally began to freak out and started yelling for security to throw me out the store. Security came up and when I was explaining to security I wanted my money back while he was still talking she suddenly started screaming "CALL THE COPS!!!", "CALL THE COPS!!". She was loud and drawing attention at this point.

The security guard walked me to the doors and when we were outside I asked for the market team managers name and he said "Oh yeah.. that would be Matt" and I told him she had said there was no market team manager and the security guard couldn't understand why she would say this. He just looked at me and shook his head.

Saprina Garcia had LIED.

I then went to my car and I was so frustrated at what had just occurred I left my purse in the basket. I was almost home when I realized my purse was in the basket. All of my credit cards, money, ID, Social Security cards were in that purse so I called up to the store and asked customer service if they could send someone out to check the basket. I didn't live far away and it could still be possible for my purse to be there. The customer service agent stated "That's not our problem YOU left YOUR purse in that basket and we won't be sending out anyone to check the basket". WOWOWOWWOW... OMG PEOPLE!!1

I was so shocked by that response I jumped on the expressway and flew back to the store. Fortunately someone had turned in my purse to customer service. I was afraid to even walk back in that store but I had no choice.

When I made it home I called another Walmart and asked for the market team manager for their store and hoped he could give me the market team manager for the store I had just left. They gave the information without hesitation. The man I spoke to stated he was a manager and stated they were suppose to give this number if a customer requests it. Saprina Garcia REFUSED to give it.

I then called back to the Walmart and spoke to "Barbara" who was far more reasonable. She stated she was a manager and she was also in the store and I told her I had requested a different manager and when I did I was immediately ejected from the store. Saprina Garcia refused to allow me the chance to speak with anyone else. I then asked why was I told there was no market team manager when clearly there was and she stated she was not sure why Saprina Garcia refused to give that information. She stated all managers knew there was a market team manager. I asked her for the number and she gave me the number to Matt who she stated was their market team manager.

I then asked her why I didn't have my money returned and she asked had I left the store and I said No. She asked did I have my receipt and I said yes I was holding it with my change. She said it was their policy to return the merchandise then and she apologized for Saprina Garcia.

I am still trying to reach the store manager. He has not been in in days but I was able to speak to the "shift manager" who stated he was over the assistant managers and he apologized too and said my money should have been returned and that Saprina Garcia knew that they had a market team manager and he was baffled why she wouldn't provide this info and kept referring me to the general 1-800- Walmart number. He admitted she could have handled the situation so much better.

This woman, Saprina Garcia, can't handle authority and power. She got a kick out of humiliating me in front of others. I use to work at Walmart and an offhand, low remark saying "***" should not have caused all of that. Her ejecting me from the store immediately and even pushing security to call the cops. She drew a lot of attention to us and forced other customers to turn around and look and this was all because not the *** word but because I asked to speak to a different manager. She used that word to do what she wanted to do anyway when I pressed her on the market team managers name and number and she was upset I no longer wanted to speak with her and had requested a different manager.

She should be ashamed. I'll never shop at their store again. They were RUDE. They have NUMEROUS complaints from other customers under their Google reviews stating the same thing too.

The Market Team managers name is Matt. His phone numbers are 817-416-5258 and 817-599-7547

Review about: Walmart Supercenter.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Submit review

Comments

Hi John from Austin here. You're ignorant of Texas laws recording photography. One has 'no expectation of privacy' if they are in the open, in the public, or in a public place. That means that your image can be captured and reposted without your permission. The only places where a person has the presumption of privacy are in hospitals, court houses and their own home. This is the law. The Original Poster was legally within her right to repost the photo. No laws were broken here.
Whatever law school you went to you should ask for your money back. Whomever is giving you 'legal advice' has you sounding like a fool. What you're saying is simply not accurate.
Springdale, Arkansas, United States #1183240
You have a lot of nerve posting this person's picture and information without their permission. I don't care what kind of service she gave you, she wasn't corporate or anything like that. You are the problem.
to Anonymous #1221526
Jenny
to Anonymous #1221535
Hi John here. You're ignorant of Texas laws recording photography. One has 'no expectation of privacy' if they are in the open public, or in a public place. That means that your image can be captured and reposted without your permission. The only places where a person has the presumption of privacy are in hospitals, court houses and their own home. This is the law. The Original Poster was legally within her right to repost the photo. No laws were broken here. Whatever law school you went to you should ask for your money back. Whomever is giving you 'legal advice' has you sounding like a fool.
Not_the_0P
Race is not the issue here, the issue is the amount of time you spent on the phone, if the situation were reversed and the white guy made a three minute phone call and you made a quick call she would react the same way. Either stop playing the race card when things do not go your way or go back to your own country.
John
to Not_the_0P #1221529
There was no posted time limit to use the phone and a three minute phone call to resolve an issue is not a long time. I've used the courtesy phone and no one became upset with me as a customer because of a three minute phone call. They certainly didn't interrupt me. And the manager did LIE. She said there was 'no market team manager' which was found to be a LIE. You have no argument here. The OP is absolutely correct. Sounds like she encountered crappy workers. To grumble at a customer and make snide remarks and then LIE to the customer is certainly not Walmart's store policy. One should never, EVER, be rude to customers. Over something as trivial as three minutes using a courtesy phone..
Wow, this woman has absolutely no self control .... WalMart allows her to use their phone, free of charge, and in exchange she throws a huge temper tantrum, pulls the race card, posts personal info/photos/phone numbers of others, gets thrown out if the store by security, calls and harasses ANOTHER Walmart for no apparent reason, and then returns to the Walmart she was just thrown out of (aka trespassing) under the guise of retrieving her purse! This insane nut needs to be committed to an asylum!
to Anonymous #1137240
I agree, she was not told to get off the phone because of her race, but because of the time she took. I am sure the white guy that used the phone did not take three minutes. So it has something to do with her using the phone for three minutes not because she is black. These blacks will make a race issue out of anything. If the white man had used the phone for three minutes than he would be asked to get off since it is for business not personal, and if her phone call was short no one would say anything, but blacks like to pull the race card when they don't get their way.
I agree with the OP
to Anonymous #1221518
A three minute phone call is not a long time to be on the phone and I really doubt anyone was counting. I've used the courtesy phone in Walmart and no one stood beside me to count the time and they certainly didn't make a big deal about three minutes or 180 seconds. They have always been courteous. So yes I do believe this was about race. Fort Worth and even Texas is not the most 'racially tolerant' place for blacks and even now Texas is one of about three states that can't change it's voting laws without Federal Approval because of a history of racism in the state. This is Texas we are talking about here.
to Anonymous Lewisville, Texas, United States #1221858
If a stranger turned in her purse in to customer service then how is what she said a lie? And were you there?