Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Poster decreased review rating.

I was in Walmart in Springfield Oregon where me and my wife always shop we used to do all our business even cash checks just out of convenience basically one stop shop well every time I leave I get stopped like I stole something when everyone else walks right passed even junkies leaving with out purchasing items yet come back and return items with no receipt this time I purchased a 60 dollar crib mattress was walking out with a the sales receipt in hand and was stopped and made to feel like trash like I stole something so afterwords I returned the item went to target and will never shop there again no one made me feel like a thief leaving target

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Comments

They always keep A Very Close Eye on me whenever I shop at Wal-mart. It makes me feel safe because often I will leave carelessly leave my pocketbook in my shopping cart while I shop and it is reassuring to know that if someone were to reach into my cart and pocket it that Loss Prevention Officers would go after them right away and that I would get my money back.

I feel like I am a move star being watched by the Paparazzi and it makes me feel special. And if I am having trouble deciding on what product to get, I am always pleased to have one of the Loss Prevention Officers see my dilemma over the cameras, and come up to me and ask me if I need any help.

When you give up your rights you lose them.They can ask at Wal-Mart but since it is not posted and Wal-Mart is not a club you are under no obligation to show them your reciet. If they hold you against your will for not showing them that is kidnapping and false imprisonment.You can then actually lawyer up and sue them for that. The more you know.

Why do you have a problem showing them the receipt? You state they are just checking items not in a bag.

Doesn't seem like they are discriminating or picking on anyone.

Just stop and think. I could line my garage with shelving by buying one set of shelving and walking in every day with my receipt, grab another one and head for the doors through the registers and walk out with another set of shelving if no one stopped me and asked to see the receipt and confirm it was just paid for.

@Anonymous

Yes this would be the case if everyone else was checked but when you are the only one in a group singled out while everyone stares at you like you are a thief different story